View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2024, 07:27 PM
Scuttling in the basement

Bump Policy: When the stars align (2 days, 1 if urgent)
My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Experiences on WCO

oh wow i never typed this I guess I "merembered"
Ok, as a new(ish) member I haven't had many experiences, but I still have stuff to say.

I used to roleplay on WCUE a lot without knowing a lot about standard roleplaying rules, but i got better about it as time went on. But then I started trying mini-modding thinking I was helping. And then I got tired of telling people to stop breaking the rules all the time.

Then I learned the people behind roblox are kind of the worst, so i stopped. I moved onto scratch for a bit, but lack of dark mode and the same generic animations and platformers were churned out every day.

I wandered the web a bit before learning about WCO. I was ecstatic to start roleplaying again, though at the time I hated writing because I was mostly forced to.

I got over that as soon as a hopped on WCO and saw some of the bigger posts. I thought that it looked cool and fun.

I made an account and immediately saw the chatbox. I saw @/bubble[error] saying hi to @Sakura and decided to join in the conversation. They were so nice to me <3

I never thought anyone was too good to not talk to me. In fact I might have been a little bothersome.

I was a little shy to roleplays at first and I didn't post for my first week. I waited until I knew the ropes through specifically observation and never asking questions.

After I was free from moderation prison, I started trying to get my cat, Kate, to join riverclan. I dropped this character because they were generic and stupid. Then I made Yellowpaw who was originally supposed to be a bill cipher cat. As things go, this never happened because I started bbu more than Gravity falls, so I switched Yellowpaw to a Fantoccio clone. That never stayed and he became his own character.

Yellowpaw was and is my favorite. Don't get me wrong, fallenwish is great, but yellowpaw, now Yellowtwist is the original.

Then december came of 2023. I was essentially starved of pings, which made me think differently. I was always thinking, "Do they not want to reply to me because my characters are bad, or is it because I'm newer? What am I doing wrong, or what they are? Should I fit in more?" I was getting pretty cynical and I kept trying to be the same as someone else in hopes of having more friends on the site, or perhaps I was just attention seeking which is also something I was thinking about.

I tried respond to my posts more which solved the ping problem, which I still think is the most petty, but I was still having the thought of being underappreciated and alienated which was cured the first time by both @/bubble[error]. and @Rose nominating yellow, which gave me a HUGE motivation boost.

And then, no surprise, it came back recently. You can see my "hiatus" post here.
I came back before four days had past, though.

I'm still struggling a bit with feeling alienated, but it's much better than in december.

WCO has help me grown from a petty child to someone I can stand being within less than a year, which I thank you all for! Time to say thanks to everyone I haven't pinged already.

for starters, thank you, @sock , for sending me my first vm! @TheNyanCatMinecart , thanks for coming up with this! @vellichor sorry to bother you because I know you're staff, but you've always been my favorite staff and before I had a full conversation with you it was probably because I thought Beanstar was a funny name. @Spider-in-the-corner for helping me come up with my first plot.

"Tomatoes are in the same family as some of the world's deadliest poisons. That just goes to show how rebellious tomatoes are."
"What about how the apple can fall far from the tree?"
"No, sometimes the tomato falls from the plant."

Ɛ> Toyhouse <3

Last edited by Aolani; April 26th, 2024 at 02:14 PM.