View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2024, 06:06 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: Riddle me this… [Herb Gathering Event]

(Cobweb)
Shrewstep arrived a bit late to the event Mossfreckle was hosting, fashionably late he'd call it, but was still in time to hear the first riddle. And it was an easy one, or so he thought. What herb provided a home, and was all stringy? It HAD to be cobwebs, didn't it? Plus, they were an herb he could remember being sent to get time and time again, both because it was so essential after a battle and because it was one of the few things the control freak that was Ebonyfang, no, Marigoldleap now, trusted him enough to handle. There were only so many ways one could botch up herb gathering, and cobwebs wasn't one of them. Or at least, he wasn't aware of anyone who had managed it beyond being somewhat entangled in the strands.

With his quarry set, and noticing quite a few apprentices who hadn't been picked up by warriors to take along with them (his own appeared to be absent), Shrewstep felt like he ought to lend a paw to a few of them. Apparently a cap had been placed on what one warrior could supervise (wisely, apprentices were often a disorderly lot), so he really just swept his gaze around until he saw a pair of them quite close together. If they were friends already, they must be to be so close, it would be a lot less hassle for him. He could only imagine the suffering any warrior who might have paired him and Frogfang together would have endured, and he wanted to avoid the same fate. Spiderpaw, Littlepaw! A paradoxical name, given the size of both apprentices. Come with me, and let's find........the thing Mossfreckle wants. He had almost said the name of their quarry, but had aborted the word at the last minute. Whew! A close one. With his orders given Shrewstep padded out of camp, trusting the apprentices at least enough to follow him. @Katiethewolfchild

Last edited by gs29513; March 29th, 2024 at 06:06 PM.