View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2024, 03:28 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud squinted slightly at Nightshine's lips, since she could not hear she often found herself reading the lips of her peers in order to understand what they were saying. “Sorry, Nightshine. I recently lost all of my hearing, so just to be sure that I'm understanding correctly… Whitekit needs to be assessed for possible deafness and Berrykit has experienced something traumatic? With her mother?”

She frowned. She hoped she had understood that last part wrong. Otherwise, she'd have to chat to Bumblestar about that. Mistreatment of kits in the clan was no matter to take lightly after all.

“First, Whitekit.” Drizzlecloud shifted her gaze to the little tom, offering him a smile before she motioned with her tail for him to come closer. Patting her paw on the space before her, she sat down, inviting him to do the same both visually and verbally. “Come sit, kitto.”

[ @Artemis ]

Due to being so focused on the task at hand, she did not hear any of the conversation that followed. Carefully placing the bloodied, dirtied clump of moss to the side, she was about to scoop up a marigold flower into her jaws and began to chew it up into an effective poultice.

The only thing that made her pause was the sudden shake of the kitten's body. “Hey, hey, it's okay, sweet one. You're safe here, we'll fix you right up, we'll keep you safe. Steady your breathing, okay? You've already been so brave today, haven't you? I just need a little more of that bravery from you while we patch you up. You can do it, little warrior.” She purred to Minnowkit, lifting her tail to gently brush it over one of her paws. Her gaze drifted to Shadowstorm for a moment before looking to Springlight. It was only a momentary glance, seeing as Minnowkit had her undivided attention again shortly after.

“I'm going to apply a poultice to your wounds, to keep them clean and to fight off infection. It will sting a little bit, but it's a good kind of sting, one that means the herbs are doing their jobs.” Drizzlecloud explained softly–she found that if you explained what you were doing to someone, they got a little less frightened about the prospect of it all. Especially young cats. Now, she plucked up the marigold flower and began to chew it up. Before she began applying anything, she glanced to Springlight, quietly asking her if she was finished cleaning up the wounds that she was working on.

[ @/Artemis @iliri ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!