View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2023, 09:52 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: WindClan Warriors' Den

| Dapplebreeze |

Dapplebreeze wasn't one to be taken by surprise very often. That said, she wasn't usually in high alert when it came to her own clan's camp. Much less the warriors' den. It didn't sound optimal, frankly, to be high strung even in the place where one came to relax. Rest. Allow the toils and burdens of the day to ease away until the morrow.

It could also be said that the former queen wasn't quite used to be slammed into for just... walking. It was quite the slam, too. Gratefully, the sure footed molly's reflexes were the usual fair for a WindClanner. Quick of mind and quick of feet. Steadying herself instantly, the patched warrior fumbled only slightly with the jagged rock in the maw, admittedly almost swallowing it in the process.

Round blue eyes stared at her assailant, wondering if something had happened. Was the camp being invaded? Had a kit been kidnapped?! Surely something dreadful must be happening for a warrior to enter so haphazardly into the warriors' den! Or... it could just be her grandson's beloved being her usual ditzy, clumsy, unremarkable self.

Dapplebreeze's surprised look slowly turned emotionless as the speckled molly began her usual spiel. A ramble of half nonsense mixed in with apologies for simply being. She assumed she could understand that part. The older molly could certainly see herself feeling quite apologetic herself if her entire existence consisted of blunder after blunder. How this feline had been trained under the majestic Peachfrost was quite frankly beyond her. As was Snowybreeze's infatuation with the warrior. Truly... just about any other clanmate would have been a superior choice. In fact, loathe as she was to admit it, there was a potential for a few outsiders to be better mates as well.

Despite her inner ramblings and general disappointments as far as the eggshell colored cat went, though, Dapplebreeze was a WindClanner first and foremost. As much as she might... not necessarily resent... but perhaps... find it unfortunate, Berryfrost was a clanmate. And as such, she was to be treated with the same dignity and respect as any other actual valid, useful member of their clan. Dipping her head in silent greeting - finding the younger feline's mix up of names far too on point with the rest of her mundaneness to be worthy of pointing out - the tan and cream warrior's neck suddenly went stiff as she halted halfway, another incoherent bout of rambling escaping the buffoon. Here we go again...

Straightening herself as she lifted a delicate brow, Dapplebreeze carefully studied the younger warrior. What was this? Why was she now rambling that she was a rock? Oh dear... perhaps she had hit her head harder than Dapplebreeze had suspected? Her frown only knitted further as confusion took her. What in the name of StarClan was Berryfrost talking about? What was hers?

Noticing the shaky paw, the spotted feline's whiskers trembled in a moment of uncertainty until... it clicked. Moors and sky. The simpleton wanted the rock. The small piece of rubbish she had found amidst the nests. Wait... did that mean then... that giant nest? It belonged to this small scrap of a cat?!

Understanding slowly gracing her rounded features, Dapplebreeze dropped her head, letting go of the offending rock before turning back to the trembling warrior before her. "My apologies, darling. I was merely fixing up our nests after the move and found this rather cumbersome stone amongst the moss. It had not occurred to me it... actually belonged to someone," the warrior offered, her tone - albeit lacking in understanding - sincere in its apology. As annoying and pointless as she might find the younger warrior, she would never purposefully try to make her life miserable in such a petty way. Such pranks and low blows to the morale where quite beneath her.

-

@Rose [Berryfrost]
| I feel the need to comment that I do not endorse Dapplebreeze's opinions as far as Berryfrost goes and am shaking my head in shame at her. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios