View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2024, 07:57 AM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN - AMAB HE/HIM - BEEFED UP TIER 1 ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff on the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Uh? And how did you become aware that you were not needed in such a high-regarded, honorable position?

The way Lynxshade said it only made the question worse, raising the hairs along Wolffang's spine and squeezing his eyes into narrow slits. They glinted a shocking amber against his medium gray fur. It took all he had to avoid spitting at her and shoving his claws in her face. Words bubbled in the back of his throat. It's none of your business, ShadowClan Enforcer! WindClan has more honor than you! You'd never understand! He took a deep breath in, then let it out in a whoosh, ruffling his whiskers. He kept churning his claws in the earth, imagining the muddy, gouged mess was Lynxshade's pelt. Or Dawnstar's. Or anyone ShadowClan cat's, for that matter. The thought kept him from actually attacking them - physically or, in Lynxshade's case, verbally.

Twilightstar orders peace. Twilightstar orders that we must work together. Oh, StarClan, why were you such a fool, bringing up your deputy role and your resurrection? This ShadowClan Enforcer scum doesn't need to know anything about it!

As if his leader's name had summoned her, the great she-cat began to speak, organizing the cats into battle patrols. Wolffang looked away from Lynxshade and breathed a silent sigh of relief. Thank StarClan. He was on Hawkfur's patrol, along with Swiftfire, Dapplebreeze, Deadmoon, Watertail, and some others. He was glad to be on the same patrol as his sister.

Lynxshade ended the conversation; Dawnstar was also calling her warriors away. Wolffang debated replying, but kept his mouth shut. He didn't want to say anything else he might regret. Besides, he didn't owe an Enforcer a reply. He hurried away into the crowd, picking up Twilightstar's final order to him: to watch over Foxpaw.

Two emotions shot through him: eagerness driven by bloodlust to slaughter the minks and move onto RiverClan, and a sense of determination so profound it burned his heart and sizzled in his paws. I will keep Foxpaw safe, he vowed.

He reached the group, then saw some cats moving closer, and...

...oh, no.

Dawnstar was on his patrol.

Images flashed through his mind - of the peltless corpses of his Clanmates, of wide, staring eyes, of blood-

Every hair on Wolffang's pelt must be standing up. The rage in his eyes must look worse than the fires that had seared their former home.

He'd agreed to work with ShadowClan warriors, but Dawnstar?

He desperately clung to Twilightstar's orders: that they were working together now. Dawnstar was trying to help.

The thought tasted like crow-food coated in mouse bile.

Wolffang quickly turned away. He'd explode if he kept his gaze on Dawnstar a second longer. He had to organize his thoughts, get his affairs in order.

First, he scanned the crowd for Foxpaw. He spotted the orange tabby she-cat quickly. Her hind leg was twisted, similar to Deadmoon's; he'd have to keep that in mind. "Foxpaw! Over here!" he yowled. "I'm supposed to be watching over you. How much battle training do you have?"

He quickly shot a glance up and scanned the crowd for Deadmoon. He tried to catch her eye and give her a nod. They were in this together.

Even if they had to fight side-by-side with a codeless tyrant.

@Katiethewolfchild [Foxpaw] @Mica [Hawkfur] @gs29513 [Deadmoon] @Undertaker [Dawnstar] @Wingnettle [Lynxshade]

New and Improved Character Bios!