View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2024, 11:21 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Braving a Storm [p]

Bravebird - WindClan Warrior
She/her | 45 moons | Beefed Up T3, One with the Warren
The nights following Fallownose's death were not filled with much sleep, what with Bravebird actively avoiding it. It wore her down, sure, but she was... afraid, if she were being honest. What if her friend pulled her into a dream? Or a nightmare? To tell her what she already knew - that she had been slacking and her presence from the Clan had slipped. A scoff left the warrior as she looked up at the sky. From where she sat just outside WindClan's camp, the stars glittered and glistened. Ironic how she claimed to love WindClan so much and yet here she was, putting off sleep when she knew it was bad for her and refusing to take up her duties. Well, not so much refusing as... spending each waking moment planning on how to get back at RiverClan. Her days were spent stalking their borders, claws unsheathed, waiting for one of the fish to show themselves.

Her eyes started to flutter a bit but the warrior remained awake... well, okay, sort of awake as she crouched down against the ground. It felt like something was fighting her, trying to draw her to the depths of unconsciousness. Bravebird let out a grunt as she fought back, struggling to keep her eyes open. This went on for a bit longer before eventually she gasped quietly and sunk to the ground, eyes closed as sleep dragged her under. The last thing she heard was the sound of her name, echoing somewhere far in the distance...

-

Upon waking up, blue eyes fluttering open, the first thought in her mind was that she was dead. Bravebird sat up in a shock, claws already unsheathed. Her breathing felt ragged as she glanced around at a desolate moorland. A sudden thirst gripped her throat and she let out a dry cough. A harsh wind whipped at her fur and had her staggering sideways a bit.

Once she regained her footing the lilac lynx-point turned around. It wasn't until she nearly completed a full circle that she saw him. Blazingstar. Shock faded into disbelief, because before this she'd never had any StarClan dreams. The only StarClan cat she had met in her life was the apprentice who had helped her back to her body, helped her back to life. So what was one of WindClan's former leaders doing here?

Tradition and age-old law of greeting, Brave ducked her head to the larger tom, eyes closing. "Blazingstar." Her voice was one of respect, similar to the one she spoke whenever greeting Twilightstar or... Fallownose. Slightly wincing at the memory, Brave lifted her head to look back at the tom. "What did you call me here for?" She couldn't help it, her eyes glanced around the eerie landscape. "...Where am I?"

[ Blazingstar - @SuspiciousMindz ]