Thread: Sunset Grove
View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2024, 12:48 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Sunset Grove

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 49 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Oh boy we were doing this now? Ok.
The tom remained silent through the rant, internally sighing as his ears dipped less in an angry way and more of a slightly annoyed one.

He listened, took in Swiftfires words, and once he was done bluntly stated "Bein' so blindly terrified o' shadowclan yer unwillin' ta use their forces in a fight against an opponent is completely cowardly. Its completely foolish an' dumb ta not take advantage o' the deal they will take advantage of, regardless if we do or dont do the same." he waited a beat for that to sink in and, lighter tacked on "Now I dont believe that (kinda, Ill expand), but can ya see how callin' someones ideas cowardly can feel the same as callin' them that?"

Crowtooth knew the first statement was biting and mustve stung, that was the point especially how blunt and cuttingly he said it but he hoped it at least shone a light on how the other side of the argument took things.

"See the problem here aint yer ideas Swiftfire, 'ts how and where ya said em. I know ya may view 't that way and ya may be half right but how ya pitched thin's was not constructive. And Ill admit, I among others had a bad reaction ta that, thats on us. But ya assumed we forget the past an' you didnt and thats patently untrue, an' ya lashed out wit' insults fer it."

As it always did when he thought of it the large and deep bitemark on Crowtooths throat ached, no matter how long he'd been living again there was no escaping that Dawnstar had killed him and even below a new calm the toms rage boiled. His life again for a chance to end her for good, even now.
"She killed me, she killed Twi, she and them killed an' hurt so many and no time can change that. I cant tell ya much but Swiftfire I was there fer the talks about the alliance an' its not forgotten in a flight o' foolishness. We aint blind.

But stars Im tired of loss Swiftfire, aint you?"
Sometimes the tom felt like an elder already, with how much his soul ached.

"I can explain the thoughts behind the decision if ya want, but fer now Ill tell why ya were shut down so hard. Ya came in wit' anger, wit' insults and wit'out an 'even' plan. Ya had one, sure, but ya had a plan made missin' key details an' one ya werent capable of hearin' constructive criticisms wit' either.

Both options are foolish an' cowardly, we're aware but actin' like we're not is frustratin', frustration that burst out as anger. One insult flung means more ta follow an' even now ya dont recognize the flaws in yer own plan. More frustration.

Yer plan has some merit, but so does ours an' had the insults stayed inside or everyone had the maturity ta let 't go meshin' them mightve happened. But frustration an' tempers an' we couldnt. All o' us shoulda taken that walk really."

Taking a walk was never bad advice the tom was finding and he was increasingly trying to put his prey were his mouth is and just go when mad. Admittedly he hadnt always been successful in doing so however.
For now though he tried to do so, to cool the building frustration by nosing through the foliage and turning up some more yellow bells and plucking them, and eventually spoke again.

"Continue ta be mad 'f ya want but Im too tired an' am done. We can either finish this in silence or try an' meet in the middle seeing the issues o' both plans and makin' the best o' both we can an' approaching Twilightstar wit' that together."

@Tiabirb