View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2024, 06:05 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: There's always an exception, you just happen to be one! [p!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
Gracklepaw blinked once. Then he blinked twice. He’d actually caught and killed the rabbit. It all happened so fast. He was darting towards it, and next thing he knew he had killed it and it had scratched him right above his nose.

His nose twitched as red droplets trickled down, and he felt a stinging feeling. He winced in pain, flicking his ears from the discomfort of it and dropping the rabbit to the floor when Magpiepaw had run over. When he met her gaze and saw the way her eyes shined he couldn’t help but smile back at her, which soon turned into a grin. “I killed it.” He confirmed, as the realization began to hit him.

His grin just grew wider as Magpiepaw complimented him and mentioned that he’d gotten his first battle scar from the rabbit. “Yeah! Well, not my first, but my first as a ShadowClan cat!” He chuckled.

He flicked his torn right ear subconsciously, thinking back to how he’d gotten it torn anyways. He was such a coward back then. He was running away with that loner on his tail, yowling and snarling, until he was eventually cornered. He’d stayed huddled in the corner of the fences, as the bigger cat attacked. He’d just trembled and let the loner scar him. He couldn’t remember why anymore; all he remembered was that burning desire to be faster, stronger, better. Maybe now he’d get that desire.

He wouldn’t be a coward anymore.

“You really think it’s that impressive?” He asked, feeling his chest swell at her words. He blushed and his grin became more sheepish. It felt nice. It felt nice to have someone else be in awe of him for once. Especially someone like Magpiepaw. Magpiepaw was a very good friend. “I couldn’t have done it without your help. You found it, and blinded it first.” He meowed in response.

He admired the rabbit for a moment before taking the first bite of the rabbit. He chewed and swallowed it. It was good. Really good. And it was even better after the hectic chase and eventual victory.

. . .
@Marigoldwhisper

Magpiepaw
She\Apprentice\SC
"Why pick them when I can do it so much better?"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

"That's right, I've helped you SOOOOO much Gracklepaw. Now you owe me twenty compliments. C'mon, I'm waiting." She joked as she watched the new apprentice become slightly more sheepish as their conversation continued. Was that red tinting their cheeks? No, that was blood, definitely blood.

Her eyes quickly shot up to his torn ear, surprised that she hadn't noticed it before. Urg! She'd been staring at this weird cat ALL DAY and she still never noticed it? She wrinkled her nose at it, questioning if Gracklepaw had been a bit tougher than she initially thought.

However he got that scar, he must've faced his opponent head on, or at least gathered the courage to face them. That other explanation definitely fit Gracklepaw a bit more.

She must look soooooo boring and scarless. Nothing about her screamed, "AHHH INTIMIDATING!! RUN FOR YOU LIVES, AHHHHHHHHH!" especially with her size. Magpiepaw puffed up her chest. What was she talking about? She was already super awesome at what she did, no cat could even match her confidence! She was speed, she was stealth, she was the cat who blinded that rabbit for Starclan's sake!

She watched with a stupid little grin on her face as Gracklepaw finally tasted rabbit. She couldn't imagine how much pride he felt. After he took his share, Magpiepaw leaned down and at a few bites as well. It had been so long, far too long. She missed it, missed it a wholeee lot.

"We should probably bring some back for the clan," Magpiepaw remembered. So what if they ate prey before feeding the elders? Those bags of bones could wait! Plus, they'd probably bring back ten times the prey they ate, no doubt about it.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!