View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2024, 04:26 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Real friends, good friends are hard to find, let's face it..

Sweetsong
--------------

Her breath all but stopped when he touched her paw, and she felt a sudden wave of shyness wash over her, making her pelt burn thoroughly and deeply. While he spoke, she found that she couldn't look away, nor did she want to. Sweetsong sighed softly and moved close to Crowpaw, and she rested her head on his shoulder, her eyes closing as she let herself feel, for just a moment, his fur against hers.

Anything? That was...so broad. Sweetsong already felt that she had everything she needed right now...except for the life of a medicine cat. But that was a very lonely life...and loneliness was an old friend of hers. She wanted...she wanted a new friend! Someone more than a friend even...a companion she could trust and support. It seemed such a simple thing, but Sweetsong knew far better. "Can...can we meet?" She asked quietly, "A-at the next Gathering? I don't dare risk meeting anywhere else...a-aside from here, of course." A soft giggle escaped her, "But...I'd really like to meet you Crowpaw, face to face. Maybe even as a warrior yourself." She gave him a warm, approving glance, but she looked away almost as quickly.

"I understand of course, if you would like to keep our...friendship like this. Our Clans are very unhappy with each other..." It was a depressing thought. How silly it was that they had the same ears and tails and claws, but invisible barriers and different scents made them enemies. How silly it was that every little thing must be met with bristling fur and bared teeth.
"I just...I hate the idea of you getting into trouble..." Sweetsong sighed out, "I'm already in trouble enough, so I suppose I'll live with anymore that comes our way."

Sweetsong reached up and nuzzled his scarred cheek softly, a low purr rumbling in her chest as she did. "You look much nicer with a smile, you know..."

@SpiritedWarrior