My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Sweet Nightmares... [P]

Sweetsong of RiverClan

She/Her
34 Moons
Purrks:

Herbal Knowledge T1; Flock Together T1; Dreamwalker
----------------------------------------------------------------

She heard whispers in the dark, coming from the other side of the tree. Fervent words, emotional. Sweetsong continued to approach. And then the cat showed themselves.
He was faced with two wide green eyes, warm pools of worry and sadness. Despite his hostility, she simply stared at him in a mixture of awe and thoughtfulness. He thought she was from StarClan? Oh goodness...he seemed to be very angry with them. It didn't take him long to realize she was in fact, just another cat like him. She took in his brown pelt, covered in black tabby stripes, the missing ear, the scars. He was so...young. And he had so many lasting scars.

Inside and out.

"You called me here," She replied, her voice soft and gentle. It was an honest answer, and she had no other explanation. "I'm so sorry to intrude...I mean no harm, I promise." She lowered her gaze down to her paws, "I am not from StarClan...in truth, I did not know I could visit the dreams of others..." The small pale ginger tabby admitted shyly, but then her gaze lifted, that warm, unconditionally calm green gaze, and she smiled, "I am here for a reason, and that reason is you."

She looked around the cave. It was so empty. Lonely. And yet the feeling in the air was heavy and burdening. It wouldn't do to linger here. "My name is Sweetsong..." She murmured, "Of RiverClan.."
The recent battle came to mind, and she wondered if he had known about it. Would he have lost someone in that awful fight? Had he lost anyone before? She couldn't remember seeing his pelt among the flurry of tails and paws when ThunderClan had raided. Many in her Clan had believed the raid had been injust and unprovoked. But Sweetsong knew that RiverClan had antagonized their neighbors immensely in the last year...and ThunderClan had been the first to respond. She couldn't blame her neighbors for their anger towards her Clan, but she knew that if grudges kept growing deeper, and blood spilled more...

Then how could RiverClan ever hope for peace? In such a time where they need to rebuild so desperately? It broke her heart to see the Clans tear themselves apart...
But not as much as it broke her heart to see this poor cat being utterly torn apart by himself.

"Did you want to take a walk?" Sweetsong asked him suddenly, her ears perking up as she gave him a shy smile, green eyes shining with hope.

@SpiritedWarrior

Last edited by Tiabirb; February 29th, 2024 at 02:49 PM.