View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2024, 02:57 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: There aren't enough stars to say... [p]

Sweetsong
--------------

Sometimes...she forgot he was still young. He should have been a warrior moons ago...but that didn't mean he wasn't any less naive. And matched with someone like Poisonberry, a master with words and playing with minds, Sweetsong could only wrap her paws around Crowpaw in return, holding him close. He had become so precious to her in such a short time...and now he was in very real danger of being hurt...worse, killed.
"You're okay," She whispered into his ear, "You're alright. I'll never, ever leave your side..." She smiled weakly, "Don't think about tomorrow...don't think about what ifs. Think about the moment, the now, the present. That's why it is a gift." Sweetsong let him pull away, watching him in silence while he gathered his thoughts.

"Poisonberry isn't strong enough to hurt you." Sweetsong said, her voice sharp with conviction. "She's only been dead for a five moons...she's given you very superficial wounds; She wants to show strength and place fear...which she has done. If she gets stronger..." Her eyes hardened. "I know my sister...I can help you...navigate her. How her mind works....I'm no expert at it..but I know a lot more than Fallenwish would." She paused, then added, "That's my younger sister."

To say she was surprised about his divisive loyalties? Well no. Not at all. His life in ThunderClan sounded simply horrid, and downright abusive. He had kin in RiverClan, somewhere, perhaps, but if he felt more at home by the river than under the trees, she couldn't blame him.
But to say...he wanted to be with her? What did he mean by that? She had already told him she was going to be a queen- granted, a mateless one. Though that was the moment she recalled his shock, and a slow realization dawned over her.

Was..was he in love with her?

Sweetsong wanted to ask. She wanted to know if she was..right? She didn't think it was the best idea, not while Crowpaw was under such distress. Instead, she walked over to his side and while having to raise herself onto her toes, she let her side press ever so gently against his. She was thinking now, an idea, a plan forming.

Poisonberry wasn't the only one with a clever mind.

"When you become a warrior, we'll meet again here...and then we plan for the next day, where you will wait by the border...and...and I'll bring Fadingsun to you. Or I'll try." She frowned, "If I can't get Fadingsun, then...then I'll bring Fallenwish. Have two warriors vouch for you...It may not be immediate entry, but if we can form a good case for you to join RiverClan, I think we can do this together," Sweetsong said, her eyes shining with light and warmth once again as she gazed at Crowpaw. "A good case means clear and concise points. Your Clan's history of instability, an experience we are currently experiencing, but you don't need to say anything about that. About how you have a long history of RiverClan blood running in your veins...how you feel endangered by the leadership of ThunderClan, that any misstep could mean death..."

Not so unlike his situation with Poisonberry...

"Make a strong, solid case. Sadly, I don't think Fadingsun will...care for deeply personal stories. He may want something...more solid. More general and...something he can relate to. It's called empathy, and don't ever mix it up with sympathy; Empathy is putting yourself in another's paws. Trying, at the very least, to see through their eyes. Sympathy is feeling sorry for someone, pitying them. Aim for his empathy, Crowpaw...he might be a bit...crude and brutish..but everyone does have a place for empathy inside of them..." She said with a kind smile, and then, "It's called a heart." She let out a tiny, nervous giggle at her little joke.

"But in all seriousness, Crowpaw." Sweetsong mewed as she bit of laughter died away, "If this is what you want, I will help you as much as I can..when you are ready."

@SpiritedWarrior

Last edited by Tiabirb; April 20th, 2024 at 03:02 PM.