View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2024, 09:54 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Real friends, good friends are hard to find, let's face it..

Sweetsong
--------------

Her head turned when she heard his pawsteps, and she beamed, giving him an open, welcoming smile. Sweetsong watched him get settled, and then she looked out over the water as well. "Oh, things are looking up. I think. Growing strong again. Personally I am terrified, but i-it's my own fault..." She let out a small, timid chuckle. "And yourself, Crowpaw?" She purred his name, pushing away the lingering tendrils of anxiety. "How have you been since we last spoke? No scorching tone? No mean scowl? Tsk tsk, are you really Crowpaw?"

She was teasing him gently, and oh did those eyes shine as she looked up at him. "I'm glad we're here again. I'm ready to listen; I do apologize for declining before...I spent much of...our dream battling the..er...elements." She chuckled softly, waving a paw as if brushing away the memory. "I am much more prepared to hear you now. I hope that is alright." She looked down, and then she rose to her paws and took a few steps back. "One moment, I'll allow us to get comfortable." She purred.

For the next few minutes the small pale ginger tabby was working the sand, pushing and molding and circling until a shallow dip was formed, with a packed, sloping wall on the side of the sea. It was large enough for two cats to lay in, stretch out even, and Sweetsong looked up at Crowpaw and waved her tail, "Sometimes I like to make a sand-nest by the river. On warm days the sand is nice and cool underneath, and the sun is warm above. If I get too warm on my back I roll over and instantly cool down." She twitched her whiskers with amusement, waiting expectantly.

@SpiritedWarrior