Old April 29th, 2024, 03:04 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: ShadowClan Outsider Joining

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec View Post
( @Rose )
so minkpaw sat and waited. hours had passed and she was starting to get cold, a stiff ache in her forelegs causing her to briefly shuffle before returning to sit motionless apart from brief glances around from time to time. in a way this was more pleasant than shivering whilst trying to sleep, the cold kept her alert and so when the sound of paws hitting the ground made its way to her ears she turned towards the other feline. minkpaw had a lot of time to think about what she would do when a cat would finally come around, especially on how she would aim to impress dawnstar but when she found herself face to face with shadowclans medicine cat she came up blank. somehow they had let their mind spin a string of thoughts around dawnstar or any other large warriors with a short fuses, she mightve seen two moons ago at the only full moon gathering she had attended, and not necesarrily thought about any other cats.

she also didnt really come to an end in deciding whether she should stand up or stay seated, but if she were to trust her mother on this, and she did, then it was better to stand.
seemingly empty eyes stared somewhat past her as minkpaw stood slowly, the faint memory of her own eye's reflection sparked in her mind, a light grey instead of fiery orange, but equally..off.
in retrospect minkpaw was impressed the blind shadowclanner had so easily hidden herself from minkpaws eye, and she wondered how long the other had to have watc- listened? to them beforehand without accidentally revealing herself. to be fair minkpaw had felt like she was being watched, but she was sat right by the border, was still fearing goldfish or whoever to pop up out of nowhere to drag her back to riverclan, and she had barely slept since she left, so it hadnt been hard to just write it off as it being nerves or irrational fear.
"im minkpaw and im looking to join shadowclan." she started, intentional on keeping her voice steady and sure but careful to not accidentally push over into taunting. she felt a bit stupid introducing herself like this, like a freshly made apprentice moving into the apprentice den and telling their classmates things they didnt particularly care about. "i finished my warrior training apart from the final assessment, i have battle experience, i acted as stand in medicine cat for the past few moons and i think i can be a valuable asset for shadowclan". however little she had actually planned during the hours worth of repetitive thoughts, she wasnt foolish enough to not immediately reveal her cards to whatever shadowclanner would come across her, and now that she was stood face to face with their medicine cat she almost hoped to be quizzed on herbs instead of having to prove her worth by sparring. minkpaw was barely the cat she was when this all started anymore, thin sick form had turned into a lanky, scarred, but much healthier looking one, but her distaste for fighting, especially after the raid, had remained. for other reasons, yes, but it was still around. moons ago she didnt want to fight because she was weak and scared of her opponent and now she felt lifetimes from the stupid starry eyed apprentice she had been, stumbling into tansypaws den to maybe, just maybe be acknowledged. perhaps this was exactly what nathaniel had spoken about almost two moons ago, and perhaps minkpaw had to accept that she would never be able to view her past self as anything but stupid. but that was growth, wasnt it?

The Medicine Cat’s mouth tilted upward. Ah. Another RiverClanner to join ShadowClan. She cocked her head to the side, using the motion to subtly scan the apprentice in front of her. “Are you aware of who Fogkit is?” Perhaps seeing a familiar face would be good for the young albino tom.

Minkpaw, the cat said her name was. And yet, from where Lostspark was standing, this former apprentice looked older or close to that of the standard fresh warrior age. So either she was a late bloomer -which would be unfortunate - or she had left RiverClan a good while back - which, that too, would be unfortunate, but for different reasons.

You probably know who I am already. The lithe grey feline blinked slowly. If Minkpaw did not know the answer to this half question, that was her loss, but Lostspark had a feeling she'd spoken up about her apparent herb knowledge for a reason. It was enticing enough, she supposed.

So then… why not check the herbs this cat knew, because Lostspark herself could benefit from it in case there was something she was not aware of. “List the herbs you know — and then tell me something about RiverClan.” It must be difficult and humiliating to have to betray your former Clan, but Lostspark was truly curious. RiverClan had not attended the Gathering in moons. She wondered what Birdsnow was hoping to convey by not showing up time and time again. It made RiverClan look the weakest of the Clans, which was probably an accurate assumption.

Regardless, Lostspark was not a fool. She was not bringing Minkpaw to ShadowClan’s camp without any reason.
“If you really are of RiverClan descent, tell me - we are all curious, what has RiverClan been doing these last few moons. They bother not show up for Gatherings nowadays, apparently. It probably stung, to have to talk to a rival Clan about your old Clan, but Lostspark didn't particularly care about feelings. The rest of ShadowClan never would.

That was just the way of the world. Lostspark was done speaking for the moment, she supposed, but a plan was already blossoming in her mind if Minkpaw didn't fumble too badly on this part of her questioning.

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.