Old April 10th, 2024, 05:19 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Default Sunlit Fishing [p]

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Enforcer
she/her | 39 moons
[Large black cat with a half white muzzle and a pale green eye (left gouged out)]
Purrks: Beefed Up T3, Shadow Fiend
· · ────────────── · ·
[Dawnstar - @Undertaker ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Mistlewhisker scented the air cautiously as she lead the ShadowClan leader towards the place where she had encountered the lone mink. The scent had gone stale not long after, and there was no indication of any other predator taking up roots. Mistlewhisker glanced at Dawnstar. "This is where we found it." she explained, hopping down into the grove and gesturing towards a tight enclave created by the sprawling root systems. "In there. It didn't seem previously injured, or sick. I suspect it might have been a juvinile that got separated from the rest of the..." pack? Swarm? What did you call a group of minks? "rest of them." She finished.

Padding over to where she had buried the mink, she was pleased to see the earth had not been disrupted by anything. "I buried it here, so predators wouldn't catch the scent." The last thing they needed was more predators making this place their home and causing problems.

Mistlewhisker had brought Dawnstar out here to inspect the cove after reporting the mink encounter to her, as she knew the leader would likely want to do her own investigation. Especially after the disaster that was the encounter on the WindClan border. Her shoulder still ached and pulled with every movement, but she blocked the pain with expert efficiency. After all, it was how she kept herself sane after losing her eye.

Not one to sit and wait quietly--watching otheres work while she did not made her skin itch--Mistlewhisker did some vague inspecting of the root system, catching various prey scents while she waited for Dawnstar to finish doing the same. A small creek--an offshoot of Sunkissed Creek, she bet--babbled away somewhere nearby. It had been a while since she fished... she usually didn't like fish, but maybe with newleaf blooming on the horizon, she might find some frogs shaking themselves from their slumber. Perhaps once they were done here, Dawnstar would join her for a bit of hunting.

[Out of character note--I was unsure if I should make this whole thing before or after the "Surprise!" thread, so if you think it should be before let me know and I'll edit it o7]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~