View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2024, 10:40 PM
death incarnate

Bump Policy: daily, please!
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

you know that i'm bad, but you're spending the night with me.
[ @Estelle [sleepypaw]]

"whus what supposed to mean?" grouse's brow furrowed in bemusement, a lopsided grin showing off ivory teeth. "you askin' about the princess part, or the boss part? 'cause i'll be absolutely delighted to explain either." he hummed with a healthy amount of facetiousness. making fun. he always seemed to be- was being serious a skill in his repertoire at all? it certainly seemed not (even about his supposed 'anarchy'- he poked at it with as much mocking critique as he did the high ranks and politics.)

"finch's for you," he added, noting her reluctance to accept. he wasn't insulted. he got it completely. "you don't look like you got any friends, little miss, so i'm here to offer my undying servitude. anything for her eloquence's favourite grandkit." is everything he says sarcastic? as always, grouse was amused at his own cynical humour. grouse was bad about that- it drove people mad. and he loved it. he loved annoying people like that, because the more they got frustrated, the more they proved his point and gave up on arguing logic. he felt like the warriors around here needed anger management classes. he'd be glad to supply- the answer was simple.

realize that nothing matters! the game is rigged from the start. no one's getting anything they want but dawnstar and her elites, anyway. and whatever's going on with the other clans- absolute nonsense, definitely. how could anything matter? when death is just a new life. starclan, or wherever. whatever. not that he really believed in that junk. the point is, if nothing matters, why get so angry? it makes it harder to make change if you're flipping out at every little thing.

a long pause. grouse cleared his throat, almost breaking his perfectly casual composure, and added one last thing, "but, no, seriously, i dunno, i just thought you might apprec' a bite to eat, 'n i don't know ya. so i figure now's as good a time as any to get acquainted. 'm grouse, though you already know that, i'm sure." he knew most- not all -of his clanmates names. and he definitely knew hers, because her apprenticeship announcement wasn't long ago. he definitely struggled with the gaggle of younger ones, though. . . tiny little buggers. he wasn't very sure how to deal with younger'uns, they made him nervous.