View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2024, 07:38 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: ‘Through the Willow Trees’ [T]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myling View Post

Willowpaw
| ShadowClan Apprentice | 7 Moons | She/Her, Female |
| Kitty soft paws [inactive] | Heightened Perception [smell] |

She trailed behind Moonmeadow, taking a look over her shoulder every so often, until they reached a small clearing that broke through the cover of conifers. She settled down in front of Moonmeadow, as they tasked her with sniffing things out. She nodded, and carefully lifted her nose up, and opened her maw slightly to take in more scents. There was a lot of things here, she noticed, and not just a stream, mushrooms and brambles. ´´I-I smell..... herbs, uhm, some prey, and i smell water from th-the stream. Er, theres frog, and th-then a billion other th-things I don't know about,´´ She mewed, still focusing on the scents around her.

Now that she was concentrated on them, all of the scents felt a little overwhelming. The bitter scent of pine was layered over all the others, and a scared mouse scurried somewhere in the undergrowth. There was a panicked vole shuffling around near the water, and a curious bird watching from the trees above, hiding in the branches. The stream was were the odour and fragrance reeked the most, and it felt like if she were right in front of the trickling water her nose would just stop existing and disappear. The herbs were the best and worst scents in the clearing. The aroma of the plants could smell really, really, really good. Or it could smell like actual dung. There was one plant, that made her want to crawl up and just pass out for a season or two. It smelled like all the bad smells in the world combined into one singular plant and then a badger made dirt on it. ´´Th-Theres, uhm, theres a lot by the stream, and the plants smell decent, theres a mouse, bird, vole and maybe something else, and theres just too many scents to count,´´ She mewed, repeating what she'd thought, nose scrunched.
[Heightened Perception has been used! well, technically its perma active ;-;]

Moonmeadow
| She/they | ShC warrior | Moons: 21 | Purrks: Shadow Fiend |

Moonmeadow nodded, she could understand being over whelmed by new smells, they remembered leaving camp for the first couple times it almost gave her a headache. Though it was quite the nose that this little warrior had on her, Moonmeadow grinned again, "That's good! It's good to recognize that you have more than just your eyes especially in the barer seasons." The warrior stood up with a soft little hop, acting more like an apprentice than the actual apprentice was but it was all in good fun. Being all work no play lead to sad old cats, which just wouldn't do, Moonmeadow could hardly even think of herself being a grumpy cat like that. The feline blinked her sickly green eyes again before motioning for the apprentice to be at her side again as she padded past the clearing. Onto the next stop...

The warrior hummed a song to themself as they led through the territory, sometimes pointing out some of the odder smells in the air, like the moist damp smell that came with areas that liked to had some herbs, and the strange smell that seemed to follow moss and lichen. Just little things that Moonmeadow has picked up in their time as a warrior and apprentice for that matter. It was their apprentice years when they started to lose their eyes and it was when they gained a new appreciation for the scents and her whiskers. After a fair bit of her rambling about nothing, the warriors finally stopped as they made it to their next destination. The soil beneath their paws have started to turn all soggy, " Lookie here, as you'll see around us our next destination is none other than the Croaking Swamp." The warrior motioned around the warrior-apprentice pair, "Between all of the wet mud and the oh so welcoming slosh of soggy soil, you'll hear the sing song of toads and frogs, what a festive place amiright?" Moonmeadow spoke with a playful sarcasm, the warrior didn't mind the swamp but she knew that it took an acquired taste to tolerate the feel of mud seeping between your toes and into your pelt no matter how thick.

"We'll pass by, not through, but the deeper you go the marshy-er it seems to get so keep that in mind, on the bright side though all sorts of frogs can be found which is a personal favorite of mine." They would hit the Windclan border next. Then go to the marsh's front side where they'll reach the Icy Heartlands next.
[ Note: For simplicity's sake, we'll be going over the Windclan border and say that this was before the mink announcement? Or if you don't want that I can edit this post and we'll head straight to the Icy Heartlands. ]

Shadow's Break
Croaking Swamp
Sunkissed Creek
Mourning Ruins
Icy Heartlands
Moonlit Grotto

Herondive Hollow
Saltmeadow Marsh
Whispering Wetlands (can we just say this takes place before the mink problem for simplicity's sake ;-; )

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!