View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2024, 11:15 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

Mirekit - ShadowClan Kit

It was hard to comprehend in her little mind, not yet exposed to the true horrors of the world in which she lived, what exactly was happening. All Mirekit knew was that something was off. There was a lot of blood, and she could smell her brother, she could smell Wolfkit - but at the same time it wasn't the same. He was much too quiet, much too still, and even as the sniffling young kitten tried to poke what parts of him she could with her nose, she knew she wouldn't get a reaction. It made her whole body ache in a way that was deep and dull, making her pelt feel like ants were crawling through it.

A piercing sound unlike anything Mire had heard in her life had her jumping, fur spiking up and baby kitten claws coming out. Her head whipped around to see Mama at the front of the den, slumped on the ground much like she was slumped next to Howls. Her brow furrowed; she didn't quite understand what was happening. Why was Mama so sad? What was Howls laying on? (She knew it was her brother but... her brother hadn't looked like that the last time she'd seen him, so it couldn't be him right?)

Eventually Howls voice cut through the static in her mind and she lifted her grief-stricken blue gaze. She was listening, yes, Sunny was listening. All she could do was nod numbly, getting to her little paws that shook now under her small weight. "I can do that, yeahs. Sunny can do that." Good, she had a task now, and order. Looking now as Howls started to drag what had once been Wolfkit, Mire stumbled backwards and away, eventually turning towards the den entrance.

Mama. That was her salvation right now, the island in this sea of stormy, confusing emotions. Tears wetted her cheeks as Mire flung herself towards her mom, nosing underneath one of her paws and snuggling up as close as she could. "Mama, don't cry!" she whispered to her, her own voice shaky as the dark furred kitten nuzzled against her. Blue eyes reopened to peer out from underneath where she'd managed to wiggle underneath one of Mama's paws, round and scared up at Howls. Her sissy looked... different. Inside of her chest her tiny heart pounded feverishly, making Mire scoot in even closer against Mama.

"Mama I'm scared..." A little hiccup sounded after her hushed words, her whole body trembling. None of what was happening made sense. There was confusion, sadness, but most of all... fear. Something dark had been here, something that left death and shadows in its wake, and Mirekit didn't know what it was. Hopefully whatever it was, Mama and Papa would take care of it.

[ @Fading @Rose ]