View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2024, 04:36 AM
evermore haunting~

Bump Policy: Every 5 days! Please do bump me if i forgot! ¦¦ 1 Day if urgent!
My Mood: Sneaky

Default Re: ‘Through the Willow Trees’ [T]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Moonmeadow
| She/they | ShC warrior | Moons: 21 | Purrks: Shadow Fiend |

Oh dear! How did they forget to introduce themself? Moonmeadow gave a chuckle, "Seems I got a bit ahead of myself there, my name is Moonmeadow." The apprentice seemed to be excited about traing at least which was a good sign. Like Moonmeadow always says, no point teaching the unteachable, the only cat unteachable are cats who don't want to learn. The warrior reached to gently ruffle the apprentice with a grin, but made sure to give Willowpaw the time to move away if she didn't really like touch. After, the warrior was quick to start off towards the camp's exit making sure that the apprentcie was following behind them with a glance of sickly green eyes.

It didn't take too long to get to the first destination for Moonmeadow to explain. The warrior slowed to a stop and motioned for Willowpaw to do the same. "We are officially in Shadow's Break! This here is nearby to the Icy Heartlands! Make sure to keep an eye out for any brambles because they like to grow thick around these parts." The warrior bounded forward a few bounces, stopping again by the stream before closing her eyes and taking a dramatic inhale of air. Scenting for the bountiful prey that was only going to grow more abundant as the rest of the iciness of leaf bare fully gave way to new leaf. Moonmeadow opened her eyes and sat down, gesturing for the apprentice to take a seat in front of her.

"I want you to try and pick out as many unique scents as you can. Even ones you can't quite name." The warrior encouraged with a cheerful grin. Having Willowpaw interact with each new landmark and border would do well to help the molly to remember and remain interested in the lesson. Shadow's Break was known for its hunting grounds so it made for the best landmark to play her scent game. Moonmeadow waited patiently for the apprentice, letting the young molly take her time to take apart the air around her.
[ @Myling - Willowpaw ]

Shadow's Break
Croaking Swamp
Sunkissed Creek
Mourning Ruins
Icy Heartlands
Moonlit Grotto

Herondive Hollow
Saltmeadow Marsh
Whispering Wetlands (I don't think we are allowed here due to the mink issue currently...)

Willowpaw
| ShadowClan Apprentice | 7 Moons | She/Her, Female |
| Kitty soft paws [inactive] | Heightened Perception [smell] |

She trailed behind Moonmeadow, taking a look over her shoulder every so often, until they reached a small clearing that broke through the cover of conifers. She settled down in front of Moonmeadow, as they tasked her with sniffing things out. She nodded, and carefully lifted her nose up, and opened her maw slightly to take in more scents. There was a lot of things here, she noticed, and not just a stream, mushrooms and brambles. ´´I-I smell..... herbs, uhm, some prey, and i smell water from th-the stream. Er, theres frog, and th-then a billion other th-things I don't know about,´´ She mewed, still focusing on the scents around her.

Now that she was concentrated on them, all of the scents felt a little overwhelming. The bitter scent of pine was layered over all the others, and a scared mouse scurried somewhere in the undergrowth. There was a panicked vole shuffling around near the water, and a curious bird watching from the trees above, hiding in the branches. The stream was were the odour and fragrance reeked the most, and it felt like if she were right in front of the trickling water her nose would just stop existing and disappear. The herbs were the best and worst scents in the clearing. The aroma of the plants could smell really, really, really good. Or it could smell like actual dung. There was one plant, that made her want to crawl up and just pass out for a season or two. It smelled like all the bad smells in the world combined into one singular plant and then a badger made dirt on it. ´´Th-Theres, uhm, theres a lot by the stream, and the plants smell decent, theres a mouse, bird, vole and maybe something else, and theres just too many scents to count,´´ She mewed, repeating what she'd thought, nose scrunched.
[Heightened Perception has been used! well, technically its perma active ;-;]

Currently a bit sick, and I've also been feeling unmotivated and uninspired recently ;-; Posts might be shorter, and might come out sooner