View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2024, 02:44 AM
evermore haunting~

Bump Policy: Every 5 days! Please do bump me if i forgot! ¦¦ 1 Day if urgent!
My Mood: Sneaky

Default Re: ‘Through the Willow Trees’ [T]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Moonmeadow
| She/they | ShC warrior | Moons: 21 | Purrks: Shadow Fiend |

Moonmeadow stopped and stared at the apprentice for a few moments in a bout of silent confusion. Why wouldn't she- oh, oh! Oh right, the ban on the Windclan border, how could they just forget something so important like that. It seemed she was running a bit too much on auto pilot with this tour, he gave a soft sigh and with a less cheery tone than usual spoke to the apprentice, "Right, the ban...the umm," the minks, she didn't say it, "Right, well, I forgot about that for a second, so used to doing that next, that I guess I just...yeah, anyways, then to the Icy Heartlands, follow me!" The warrior was back to her usual positive demeanor after the brief slip up. Skirting around the swamp, Moonmeadow began to pad through the different and vast environments of the Shadowclan territory when more trees began to pop up. Some of them were older looking than others and some seemed on their last...legs? roots? Well not great.

Moonmeadow stopped the duo in a clearing and motioned around them with a swoop of her great tail, "Welcome to the Icy Heartlands! Prey is pretty alright and cobwebs are found a plenty here." She smiled, trying to forget the minks and their looming threat but the thoughts had her expression being a bit more strained than she wanted and so she turned away swiftly. Not wanting the apprentice to notice their falter in mood, Moonmeadow filled the air with more rambling. "The Icy Heartlands was named after one of Shadowclan's past leaders, Icestar! That's pretty neat, in my opinion at least." The warrior spoke out as she padded forward, they always liked hearing about Shadowclan's past so maybe Willowpaw was the same? The feline stopped walking again just a tail length away, turning back to glance at Willowpaw and wait to see if she had any questions or if they should just move to the next spot.

~Willow'Paw~
| 7 Moons | ShadowClan Apprentice | Female, She/Her | Purrks:
Kitty Soft Paws, Heightened Perception [smell]
[a small tortoiseshell she-cat with pale green eyes]
||__________________________________________||

The first thing she saw.
Big, spooky tree.
That was a pretty big no-go, those trees looked scary.
They were just cobwebs, as Moonmeadow said. But they were all knit together in the trees, and there were a few random patches that seemed to have emerged from nowhere.
And it was named after a former Leader.
She wondered if this place reminded those who were close to him that he was gone.
They probably didn't come here often then

Her eyes landed on the cobweb trees again.
She felt
scared.
Something could easily hide in the thick of cobwebs.
If she squinted hard enough, she thought she could see little black lines that were mingling around the cobwebs.
Either those were just little bugs in the trees.
Or something else.
"Uhm, is there anything in th-those trees?"
She squeaked.
She had to stop herself from cringing.
Her tone was like a mouse discovering claws for the first time.

As she recovered from the weird squeal she'd made, she remarked that Moonmeadow seemed untroubled by the clearly dangerous trees, seeming much to cherry for the landmark they were in.
Moonmeadow always seemed a bit hyperactive, if she was gonna be honest.
They seemed impossibly fine with the swamp, the weird trees, and they'd probably still be cheerful if there was a skulk of growling foxes in front of her.
She respected that.

She went back to observing the trees with wary eyes, the little creatures were still there.
She still needed to be on her highest guard.

‎‎ ‎‎ __________________‎___
||‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ||

Currently a bit sick, and I've also been feeling unmotivated and uninspired recently ;-; Posts might be shorter, and might come out sooner