View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2024, 05:14 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: The Wrath of Water and Wind [P]

(I'm so sorry for the delay! Also, @tallulah is dropping out of the RP, so it'll just be Minksplash and Cedarfrost attacking Twistedpaw.)

~ TWISTEDPAW OF WINDCLAN - AFAB SHE/HER ~

Small, skinny black she-cat with a light gray belly and tail-tip, a crooked jaw, a mangled tail, and one blind eye.

She had caught the rabbit!

Twistedpaw still couldn't believe it. She panted hard, her stiff, aching jaw unhinging as she desperately filled her lungs with scalding air. Her breaths released in an uneven stream of clouds, swirling around her face and obscuring her vision. A chill pierced her all the way to her bones, and her skinny legs trembled with exertion. The rush of adrenaline that had filled her from distorted nose to bulging tail-tip began to fade. Twistedpaw swayed as a sudden blast of exhaustion overcame her. Woah... She dug her paws into the ground to stay upright, claws digging into the earth. It was wet here, despite leaf-bare. Marshy. Her paw pads felt like they'd been encased in ice. But she hardly cared.

A faint giggle rose in her chest. When had Twistedpaw last laughed? It felt so good to do something right. Something she knew her mentor and even the strict Swiftfire would be proud of. The rabbit's blood bathed her tongue, making her mouth water and drool drip from her crooked jaw. She stepped back so it wouldn't get on the rabbit. I wonder who's going to eat it, she thought, staring at the limp brown-and-white body. It blended into the landscape, but Twistedpaw didn't think its image would ever leave her mind. Pride filled her, and leaf-bare's chill dissipated. I'm hunting! I'm feeding the Clan! I can really be a warrior!

Pawsteps sounded in the distance. Twistedpaw lifted her head, tearing her gaze away from her catch for the first time in a while. She still felt excited. Happy. But unease tugged in the deepest pit of her stomach. This place seemed familiar.

And it wasn't WindClan territory.

Right as dread began to creep into Twistedpaw's joy, throwing her thoughts into a confused conundrum, an unfamiliar she-cat burst forward. The apprentice stared at her. She had bushy brown fur with darker colorpoint markings, and her blue eyes glowed with hostility, set in a face that was distorted into a snarl. Twistedpaw caught the glint of unsheathed claws. And her scent...

Horror made Twistedpaw's eyes grow huge. She took a step away from her rabbit.

RiverClan.

Her head spun. Her insides became colder than leaf-bare's winds could ever make her.

This was Sedgewater Valley.

She'd crossed the border and caught the rabbit on WindClan land.

Featherbrain! Twistedpaw's pride dissolved to be replaced by panic and self-anger. You can't do anything right!

Twistedpaw felt her long, sharp claws unsheathe. She quickly put them back. No! I can't appear like an enemy. She didn't want to cause any trouble.

Before she could say anything, another RiverClan cat appeared. He was light gray with darker stripes, and his yellow eyes seemed to sear her soul. Twistedpaw began to tremble. Fear-scent rolled off of her in waves. All her instincts screamed at her to run, but in her mind, all that played out was her screaming at Cowtuft.

I can't cause any more problems. I have to explain myself.

Yet the light gray tom wasn't stopping.

Twistedpaw continued to take more steps back, disbelief and panic rising within her, but she'd barely opened her crooked jaw to speak before he lashed out with his claws. She cried out in pain as the flesh on one of her legs tore. Something warm and sticky beaded at the wound and began to trickle, staining her black fur and filling her nose with a metallic tang. Blood.

It reminded her of when Willowsky had attacked her.

She began to back up as the RiverClan tom teased her. A weak bird. That only hollowed her stomach with more dread. Of course they'd see her as weak. She was weak. A disabled apprentice would make for an easy target.

Suddenly, the light gray warrior lunged forward, sinking his teeth into one of her ears. She shrieked, attempting to twist and claw at his chest. Blood poured down the side of her face. Stop stop stop please-

@Valentine Snowyfeathr @celeste @Moonraven @Tiabirb (Please do not have Batglare and Swiftfire come in yet, though you can do hunting posts with them if you'd like! I just wanted to mention you so you knew what was going on with tallulah. I won't mention you again until it's time for Twistedpaw to be rescued. Also, celeste, your post was great! I completely understand that you don't agree with the way Cedarfrost acts, so don't worry at all. )

THUNDERCLAN BERRYKIT FINDER!!!

New and Improved Character Bios!