Old April 19th, 2024, 01:27 PM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark. View Post

Blackfrost

Blackfrost winced sympathetically at Roseshard's stiff, painful movements. She watched him with a critical eye, keeping watch for any injuries. A quiet hiss escaped at the lump on his head — that didn't look good... Noticing the way his gaze seemed unfocused, her eyes narrowed in growing suspicion.

"Do you remember what you were doing?" she asked sharply, and without preamble. If she knew anything about medicine, it was that head injuries were critical — both potentially fatal and threatening to a cat's memory. If he happened to know the answers anyway, it would only serve to clear up the situation.

"Why were you up the tree? How did you fall?" She watched him for a reaction. She didn't want to overwhelm him too badly — that bump wasn't getting any better.

//no problem!
Her words began to unjumble in his mind, the concern in her voice clear. He was so lucky, he reflected, to have a clan. It was something he always took for granted, but many cats didn't have that. No one to support them when they were sick, no one to help them when they were hurt. His father didn't have that, growing up, which was why he had been so fierce about loyalty, and doing the right thing; always watching over his kits, making sure they did the right thing.
Right up to his last breath.

He turned his mind to the question: What was he doing in the tree? He glanced up at the branches, wincing at the jolt of pain in his head. "It was a squirrel," he murmured, too quiet to be heard. "I was hunting," he said, louder. "It was a squirrel, it ran up the tree and I... Followed... Then slipped..." A shudder ran through his pelt.
"I left prey unguarded over there, I need to take it to camp." He stood up, obviously trying to brush off his fall and move on. He moved too quickly and the world spun. "Oh," he said involuntarily, staggering. "Maybe I should just..." He sat down again. His eyes dipped closed for a moment. Just a second; to compose himself... Blackness, and he knew no more.

The den was huge; far bigger than it was today. But then, everything seemed bigger when you were small. He felt himself wriggling from under the weight of a she-cat, and turned to see his mother and brother, still sleeping. Roseshard didn't know what he was doing, so early in the morning. The air was nippy, outside his nest. Cold frost crunched under his tiny paws. The clearing was all but empty; the dawn patrol only beginning to form.
"Rosekit."
Roseshard turned at the call, spotted the familiar russet tabby pelt that looked so much like his own. "You should be sleeping."
Roseshard's fur didn't bristle, like he thought it would when he saw his father, only lay flat as he stared into his eyes.
"Sleeping will help you grow into a strong warrior."
Roseshard let his father drape his tail over his tiny shoulders and guide him back into the nursery, his scent lingering after he left.
//Ayy, thank you so much for responding! Um, he has fallen unconscious -again- and needs taking to the Med den. You don't have to continue, we could skip that bit and I could just say she carried him, if you prefer! Anywho, thanks again

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch