Old March 29th, 2024, 10:50 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post

[ @SuspiciousMindz - Hawkbite ]

Peering over at Hawkbite as the Enforcer Commander stirred for the first time in days, Lostspark abandoned where she'd been settling in her nest and padded over to loom over him. "Oh, so you are alive, and not just a waste of den space." Lostspark drawled dryly, but there was no bite in her words. She had known that there was nothing to be fearful of from his sleepy state, since she'd been tracking his heartbeat, and it'd been getting progressively stronger over the past few days.

"Gave everyone quite a scare." The Medicine Cat said, and then her lips pulled down into an unhappy frown as she mindlessly checked his healing wounds. Hawkbite must want to know what was going on. "Dawnstar brought you to me. Apparently," She swallowed. "Shadefrost is dead, yes?" Somehow, her words were a question and a statement at the same time.

After a moment, she shook her fur out and sat back, canting her head to the side. "Now you listen to me, Hawkbite. I am the Medicine Cat here, whether you be Enforcer Commander or no, so I'm telling you you're staying here and practicing lifting your head in my vicinity until I can make sure the movements won't tear that wound in your throat open again. After that, you're free to go only if you're taking it easy. If I see you injuring yourself again this moon, I'm going to stick a warrior to tail you." Lostspark narrowed her eyes at the tom, making sure her words went through. "I'm not manifesting this herb supply from thin air, and while I know better than most the demands of leading an Enforcer life, the others can handle themselves just fine. No need to push yourself for no reason when there are other solutions to be had."

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty

Shadefrost, dead?

The words shook Hawkbite to his core. He'd allowed a warrior to die on his watch?!? The statement made his head spin. It made the aching he had go numb. His pupils dilated with horror. This was perhaps his second greatest failure, next to losing Vixensnarl. He stared blankly at Lostspark, barely processing the words that left her maw. They seemed so distant and unimportant compared to the news she'd just delivered him. He wasn't sure how to feel right now. Embarrassed? Mad? Grief? Stars, emotions were complicated!

"Hold on. . ." Hawkbite murmured, blinking the shock from his eyes now. It took some time for Hawkbite to muster out the words. Finally, he was registering what was going on and being said. "I let him die. . ." he spoke softly, the dryness in this throat was a reminder that he needed to focus on himself. He attempted to clear it, failing, and staring at Lostspark hopelessly.

A deep sigh escaped him, and his head fell to the edge of the nest again. His gaze would rest on the wall of the den behind the she-cat. "I'll do as you tell me," Hawkbite spoke simply. He felt blank, empty even. He was simply obeying orders. The achiness in his neck was slowly returning now that the shock was dissipating. A grimace would form on his face, but he didn't dare look towards the medicine cat with it. She shouldn't waste anymore herbs on a failure like him.

@Rose - Lostspark

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL