View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2024, 11:37 AM

Bump Policy: Every 2 days-a week(24hrs-48hrs if important)
My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Bicker and break.[P]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritter View Post
Garlic Feather
Purrks; Just a scratch| Beefed up tier 2|
He-Him { River Clan } Warrior

Garlic Feather felt his happy hazy thicken as Dandelion said she was doing great! That’s awesome! Garlic was also doing so so great, he’d been so excited to spend some time with dandelion, she was truly a beauty. And she’d kept the rock!! That was even better to hear, stars garlic was almost blind to the sudden change in demeanour. Almost. When Dandelion said but, and clearly that happy haze got popped, he tried to settle his mind as it circled itself in an endless worried chittering. He couldn’t help his worry ,what was happening? Why did all of this joy and happiness suddenly flush away so fast at the simple phrase and body language. The question began and Garlic Feather felt his heart drop and pound as he knew the question. No, no no no this isn’t how this day is meant to go- its happy it’s nice it’s- he’s meant to jump around with joy like this is some sort of dream or fantasy not this. He couldn’t have another fight he didn’t want another horrible end or a time where everything goes silent between them- he couldn’t bear nor grasp the idea. Instead of a reply Garlics face had switched to that of sheer terror, as if he’d just watched some cat get mauled. How could he be so rude? This isn’t the expression you’d give your mate, but that also isn’t the sort of question you just ask.
And then the question dropped into view and he realised he’d have to face it like it or not, dandelion was stumbling so she was clearly nervous or expecting some bad reaction. Did she know? Did she know that the last time he’d had kittens with someone they’d ended up gone from his paws and eyes and memory like they were never there. That it had taken ages to muster up the actual courage and will to get over Turtle? That he wasn’t ready to spend that time grieving all over again. He wasn’t ready to even face the mere idea let alone the actual thing, and the only response he could give was a stumble as he tried to pull his thoughts together. No he was overreacting. No he wasn’t meant to get mad or sad This is- this isn’t something you just ask. Garlic feather hadn’t held that terrified expression for long, he moved his mouth as if about to speak but honestly? Nothing came out but a whisper of breath and everything that seemed to warm and bright before dulled ever so visibly. He hated it. Garlic feather took a deep breath yet his emotions weren’t something you hushed with a mere breath in and out, he wasn’t going to roll his eyes and say ‘of course dandelion! Just drop this question on me! We’ve only been together for a moon or so! There’s no big deal!’ maybe because they were so close, she thought she could just ask any old question to garlic and he’d ,dumfounded, give an answer that appealed to dandelion.

Garlic rose to his paws, forcing his fur to lay flat. ‘Dandelion, I hope you’re joking- you should know the last time I had kits. They died or disappeared and I didn’t even know. I was so guilt ridden and depressed from that for days and days I can’t even begin to describe how much you must not know about me if you can’t know the single thing no cat can ask me. And worse we’ve only been together less then a moon, you can’t be serious they you’re going to jump right into this relationship and assume that everything you do will be met with a smile and nod.’ Garlic felt his eyes sting as thick streams of tears rolled down his cheeks, eyes narrowing he glared st Dandelion before softening his gaze briefly, he was being too hard on her. She couldn’t have known. And anyhow garlic didn’t always smile and nod to what dandelion said, that parts not even- ‘ I’ve done most of the heavy lifting in this, the best you’ve done is mutter a confession and scramble off!’ wait- this isn’t right you shouldn’t just snap at someone garlic! Get yourself together! ‘I had to save your rear over and over and gift to you but you only really admitted it after you killed your own sister. You have no idea how much I had to give up for Turtle to take care of her kittens and step up well she waltzed off and I’m not ready to go through that again!’ Garlic could only hear how loud his heartbeat was, drumming in his ears and screaming at him. Screaming that he was in the wrong. What right did he have snapping at someone who did nothing more then ask a simple question.

(Sorry I don’t write my characters getting angry that often haha may be a bit messy also but if an overreaction hehe)

Dandeliontuft
a blue + cream tortoiseshell she with green eyes and folded ears
[ @Fritter ]
[ No worries lol ]
Dandeliontuft felt her annoyance bubble up, but calmly she spoke. That was the past. This is the present. And I am a seasoned queen. I’ve had kits before. I won’t let the kits go out like that. Her gaze softened as he mine buzzed with the thought of young kits curled next to her, remembering that day she’d had Willowpaw - Willowkit then. She hadn’t had kits at her own will as she was a younger warrior.
I know we’ve only been mates for— Well.. A short time. But we’re ready! We can parent better than any warrior if we try hard enough! She purred. That first litter is a trial, a test of trust and love for your kits. I’m not saying they were worth nothing cuz I’m sure they were the cutest things. Heck, Willowpaw was the cutest lil’ kit I’d ever seen, but fate took her from me just like they took your litter. You must remember that they may be gone but they’re not gone. A smile crossed Dandelion’s face. Just as quickly as it came, it left as Garlic spat right at her. Immediately, her anger rose to hostility and she gazed at Garlic with absolute shock and disgust. If you want to be like THAT then get the hell out of my face! I thought you were better. But no. You only look at the bad side of the world. She snarled, fur bristled and ears pinned. She wanted to cry; wanted to flee before what happened to her sister happened to him.
This was what happened when she met her sister: Goldenberry had snarled and hissed at her, attacked her. That had led to her killing her sister.
Immediately, Dandeliontuft felt her claws slide out and she couldn’t resist the urge to bare her teeth. She quickly backed up, sitting down before she attacked, laying down but keeping her look of anger on the tom. I thought… I thought you cared. But this. This just shows me you can’t get your head out of the bad side of the world. She growled, a tear on her cheek and she rose to her paws, her claws sheathed but her fur still bristled.
You’re lucky I’m not attacking you. Or that I’m not leaving you. Unless you want to break apart, I’m your mate. She muttered, her anger drifted into an uncomfortable glow in her eyes.

Last edited by GoldenRavenWings; March 4th, 2024 at 11:37 AM.