View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2024, 06:47 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: There aren't enough stars to say... [p]

Sweetsong
-------------

The more his volume raised, the more she shrunk away from him, eyes stretched in horror. "C-Crowpaw, please..." Her voice was just above a whisper, "How was I supposed to know? How can you possibly think I had any intention of breaking a promise to you?" She shook her head, her eyes never leaving him. She had no idea what to make of his experience at the recent Gathering...had she been there, things might have been different...or maybe it would have simply led to more problems...if he had been hurt..

She didn't like this feeling. She felt lower than dirt, and for one of those rare times, her eyes burned with green fire, and she rose to her paws and thrust her nose into his face.
"Who do you think you are telling me what to say to my Clan leader? Who are you? There is nothing, nothing you can say that can make me feel any worse than I already do, Crowpaw. I made a promise, and it was broken. But you need to understand that I am nobody. I am no one in my Clan with any importance." She took a moment to breathe, her sides heaving, her body trembling with her anger, "I am choosing to become a queen. It's the only place where I will be of any real use. That's where nobodies like me go when we don't want to become shameful kittypets!"

She whisked around, whipping her soggy tail into his face as she stalked to the edge of the island. It wasn't a far distance. "If you can't see past your own whiskers and see how much I am hurting because of this, then you can take your..your silly second chance and...and just..." She sucked at insults, at threats or anything that required hostility backing it. "...I don't know..." She sat down with a thump, defeated. She had blew it. Ruined it. Like she always did with her stupid...bleeding heart...

Poisonberry was right....

@SpiritedWarrior