View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2024, 07:46 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

SPRINGLIGHT
she/her | thunderclan medicine cat | 19 moons
long-furred, scarred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
active purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps
[ @Ladiebugg ]

The answer she received wasn’t all that Springlight was wanting, the calico had been hoping to perceive in some sort of more complex answer than the one that she received. Frowning, the calico assisted as she carefully laid the injured molly onto the moss-bed, whiskers twitching dutifully against the acrid stench of blood invading her nostrils. It wasn’t that she wasn’t used to the smell - far from it, in fact. She hadn’t just been around anyone with any critical injuries as of late, and this was her first patient in days to come rushing back with a shredded leg and somehow remain stable after countering such blood loss. She would say that she was surprised, but she found herself refusing to blatantly state the obvious, further noting the fact that she’d need to go into the herb storage and see if she could snatch up some marigold and cobwebs to keep the wound at bay. Forming a grimace, she silently cursed at the fact that she hadn’t sent any warriors to search for poppyseeds, making her incapable of helping the warrior with her pain. She would go out herself and bring a bunch of cats with her to forage out for any poppy flowers, but that was just leaving Daylightwing unattended and that was something she wasn’t going to risk.

“That’s one… nasty looking… leg… you have there…” Springlight explained, not bothering to start much of a conversation as she began approaching the herb storage, digging a paw through her recently restocked piles to snag up the requirements she needed. “I… will try… to patch… you up… the best… that I… can of… my advantage… however… I am… afraid that… you may… not be… able to… walk on… all fours… again… given that… the leg was… shredded… completely off… and will be… left with… a stump.” The mentioning of a stump brought back a disheartening memory that she didn’t want to think much about. Drizzlecloud and herself had no clear knowledge of how to properly amputate a limb, and her cousin was the mere victim of that slander. Leafpaw hadn’t been around for a while, and Springlight found her chest swirling achingly at the thought of her little cousins. They all haven’t been around, and she found herself questioning where they may have gone. It was too reminiscent of the day of the sinkholes and when her siblings left and never came back. Springlight temporarily paused at her scrummaging as her thoughts invaded her mind, but quickly overcame and grabbed her requirements for the healing of her waiting patient.

Approaching the molly, the calico took a moment to gander at her leg, taking a moment to begin organizing the herbs she gathered for this occasion. That leg wound was pretty nasty. Bad enough that she would need to wrap it tight. Thankfully, she didn’t need any sticks given that the wound wasn’t a broken limb, so that was reassuring for the pastel calico. However, she wasn’t assured by the thought that she held enough cobwebs to properly wrap around the wound and staunch the blood flow. Maybe she did, but she didn’t want to hold any grudges in herself if she didn’t. The leg was in critical condition, and truth be told, she held doubt that it would be normal again and would just turn into a stump similar to how Mudhound has one. With a sharp exhale through her nostrils, the calico braced herself as she attempted to remove any excess blood and debris with moistened moss from the injury. “I’m afraid… with a… wound like… this… it’ll… remain… a… stump… and be… lasting damage… towards… the inner tissue… and muscle… but I… will patch you… up… the best… I can… so it… can heal… to a… certain degree.” It was better to try to keep her entertained if she couldn’t offer anything to help distract her from the pain. It was better to keep up a small conversation, after all. She hadn't realized that she may have unintentionally repeated herself, but her mind was running bullets, and it wasn't like she was in the mood to be differing different points of thought.

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; April 23rd, 2024 at 07:49 PM.