View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2024, 03:59 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Tongues and Teeth [solo]

Lilyfrost
she/her // Dark Forest

Oh, how wonderful to know that simply showing up in her wretched daughter's dream was enough to get the girl practically mewling like a kit. How wonderful to know Lilyfrost still has her claws wrapped around the girl's throat even after death. Lilyfrost puts on her sweetest, most motherly smile and nuzzles in close with her daughter, trying desperately hard not to gag.

"My dear, you've had it rough lately, haven't you?" The queen asks, voice dripping with false sympathy, brows knit together in fake concern. When Lark nods, chocking back a sob, Lilyfrost pulls her child close to her, letting her head rest against a chest that could not offer the comfort of a beating heart and tut's sympathetically. "I'm sorry for your losses, darling, and I should have visited you sooner... perhaps when that brother of yours died... Falconface, was it?"

"F-Falconfeather," Lark corrects at once, and Lilyfrost cannot hide the disapproval in her hum of acknowledgement. Falconfeather. He, too, had it all, the power over who in RiverClan lives and dies, and yet he'd thrown it all away when crossing a border. Stupid boy.

"Yes, him," Lilyfrost ammends, "I'm so sorry I couldn't come visit you sooner, darling, but you know I love you, right?" While she waits for an answer of some sort, the queen takes stock of her child's appearance and general condition. She's covered in scars, it's unseemly. Her fur is falling out in clumps in places and she looks as if she'd never had a good sleep in her life. It's, frankly, disgusting. Lilyfrost cannot believe she actually gave birth to this wreak of a cat.