Status: I speak English, Thai, German, Korean and some others
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active

The spotted lass responded in an instant to the summons. Ever since her mate had left the medicine cat's den, the healer had quickly found herself paranoid once more, lacking sleep and always alert for when the next intruder might enter her domain. It didn't help that the pregnancy concerned her. It wasn't intuition. It was how little she knew about it... and what she did know providing no comfort. A part of her almost wished the StarClan warrior had not told her a thing. The vague message had been worse than remaining ignorant. But then... that wouldn't have been fair to Firestorm. She would have never believed that she had simply wished for the kits to exist. It was such a... nonsensical way to get pregnant, after all. Impossible. Unless the dead cats wanted to play. Then she could worry and fret the closer the litter's due date came.

It was clear that the call was not because her kits were being born, of course. Which suited the calico just fine as she settled by the den's entrance, wrapped in shadows away from the warriors as Twilightstar spoke. It was odd to see her call to the clan in this fashion. She usually called from the branch, which meant something was up... Of course, the leader had never been one to mince words with her clan, and she got to the point quickly. WindClan would be without deputy for some time. Lightningstorm could understand that much. She hadn't been able to find her own replacement yet, the wound in her heart nowhere near close... the idea of choosing the next cat to become a pariah within the clan, to become nothing more than a worthless servant until the rats tired of them not sitting well with her either. It didn't stop the rumors, of course. The cats wanting to force their kin as her apprentice for some level of clout, obviously with their heads so far up their arses they couldn't see there was no glory in this life. No safety. Only illness, ridicule, and death. Yes, the lilac molly should be allowed her moment to grieve. To process before she found a suitable replacement for the tom.

Even so, she wouldn't have to do so alone. It seemed she was bringing the guardians back. It had been a while since she had heard of the rank. Not since the fire, when the last guardian had gone missing... or died. They weren't guardians anymore, though, but furies, and the storm couldn't help but smirk at the name. It was much more fitting of WindClan, to be honest. With how self centered and narcissistic most of these cats were, guarding others was the last thing on their minds during the best of times. Furies, however, had a more truthful ring to it. The rats could certainly get furious whenever they were singing their own praises about how much better than their dead clanmates they were.

As the cats belonging to the new rank were named, the molly tilted her head, realizing just how out of the loop she was with WindClan as a whole. She knew who these cats were, of course. Dapplebreeze was a patient she'd struggled to keep alive for some moons... a feline who had been closer to death than she maybe realized, the very herbs she had been taking potentially being among the poisoned at some point during the extent of her healing journey. Bravebird and Crowtooth she was familiar enough with as well. They were both reliable in their own way... as long as things didn't get too prickly for the lynx point, that was. Batglare she knew well enough that both Twilightstar and Leechscar saw eye to eye with, seeing him as dependable, a fact that Lightningstorm had never tested, not really interacting much if at all with the tom... and then there was Hawkfur. Whom other than having served as a chew toy for the minks during their first encounter, the healer had to admit she knew nothing about. For a moment she considered fixing that, but instantly decided against it. No point to waste time on fake friendships with cats who cared for her only as far as she was of use to them.

She didn't bother celebrating or cheering on them. No cat had given an arse when she had been turned into an apprentice. Given less thought to her having been chosen as medicine cat apprentice, and had actively walked away from her the day she had gained her full name in the Starcave, despite having arrived mid meeting. It seemed adequate to give the same amount of enthusiasm she had been given to these vermin now. Gratefully, not even Twilightstar seemed to have the time to give good wishes to these new furies, instead telling them it was time to go. It wasn't until her name was called that she stood, showing her face and giving a nod. She would need to scout around for a cat to help her with her herbs... and it would have to be a cat that was quick on their feet and had some modicum of intellect when it came to herbs. Being a medicine cat on the field was dangerous. Some cats wouldn't think twice about killing you. Predators would no doubt care even less.

Lightningstorm wasn't certain what happened. Suddenly cats were making plans on who should help her, as if she wasn't capable of making the choice for herself. Rabbitpaw at the very least was sweet enough. He presented her with a gift, and made sure to tell her that his mentor didn't approve of him so much as getting close to the things. Considering Crowtooth had been in the first patrol to encounter these vicious things and therefore had more knowledge than her on the matter, she was inclined to agree with his verdict. Yet she found herself feeling a bit... disappointed in having to shut down the apprentice. She had once liked to foment that spirit to help. To be of use. To learn. She was only seventeen moons of age... and yet she couldn't help but feel old and gray for a moment as she stared into the six moons old paw's eyes.

"Thanks, love. I know you really want to help, and I honestly believe you would try your best but... You are too young. I don't say this about most warriors in this place but... Crowtooth knows best. You can trust him. He's seen them, and it's going to be dangerous. Medicine cats on the field are not safe. If anything, we are the most vulnerable cats in battle. I cannot protect you if something happened, and I won't well bloody lead a promising new apprentice to his death. I would carry on my own execution if it came to it," she mewed, an apologetic half smile on her face as she spoke to Rabbitpaw.

Of course, Rabbitpaw hadn't been the only apprentice with the idea to help out the medic if battling was out. The mere understanding that the clan seemed to place her job as something so harmless and easy that it was the apprentices who were stepping forward to help had her seeing red momentarily, lightning flashing dangerously in her eyes. It didn't help that this wasn't the first time Orangepaw had seemingly misunderstood their patient and healer relationship, instead settling himself as a pseudo apprentice as well. Evidently learning herbs on his own, considering that Cowtuft had been exiled before he could teach her what dock did in the first place. The mention of how often he was in the medicine cat's den as further proof on how much knowledge cemented it, however, and she made a mental note of having a very serious talk with Watertail when she came back. If the paw's father could not stop putting these ideas in his son's head, this was going to cause problems down the line.

"No," she mewed, deliberately frostier than last they had spoken of this. "I will speak to Twilightstar of your situation, love, but I need you to remember that you are my patient, not my helper. I would prefer it if you or anybody else, really, could refrain from messing with my herb stores... lest I'll have to toss them all away again for fear of poisoning."

Flicking her tail to let the apprentice understand that she was done discussing this, Lightningstorm padded towards Twilightstar, her shoulders stiff. There was a clear lack of understanding and respect of her role in the clan by the entirety of WindClan, she knew as much... But to have it so present now of all times, when there was an emergency was... insulting. If either of these apprentices died, it would be on her head. But the paws obviously did not understand that, and the adults who pushed them towards it either stood in the same isle of obliviousness or did not care. Thank the stars at least some warriors were making sense... Shaking her head, she cleared her throat as she reached the leader, twitching an ear before she spoke in a low voice, not in the mood to be overheard by the rest of the vultures.

"Can you spare Bravebird from the battle? It would be good to have a cat who can defend themselves in case they turn on us... the minks that is... or ShadowClan. Who knows them. Predators don't look me over much, but I can't say the same about whoever else I choose to tag along," the medicine cat stated, a brow quirked in query.

She knew the leader was no doubt counting on Bravebird's strength for the battle, but much as she loathed to admit it... this wouldn't be the first time she had been paired in a moment of crisis with the fury, and despite how often she made her the butt end of her jokes, or how much she resented her after the Cowtuft debacle... there was an admitted understanding between the two of them that she was willing to trust. The lithe calico would of course choose another if Twilightstar couldn't spare her. Lightningstorm wouldn't be able to blame her if such was the case. The quill face had been made a fury for a reason, after all. Questionable battle tactics of the past not withstanding.

@Moonraven [Twilightstar] | @Dolomedes [Rabbitpaw] | @SeonghwasBunnyEars [Orangepaw]
Orangepaw dipped his head gently. "Ok......I hope you don't get hurt." He mewed gently, his tone was sad as she said he was just a mere patient. Orangepaw knew he would never be a warrior, his taking for herbs didn't seem to be working out either. Looking at her he then mewed... "I-i know I'm not your helper..... and I probably never will be... but I just want to feel helpful if that makes sense.." Orangepaw mewed, the true sadness of his forbidden warrior-hood seeping through his mew. Orangepaw gave a small few nods to himself and sighed gently, "It was worth the shot...." He murmured to himself in pure sorrow and loneliness, even his father - Watertail - and his undying love and company was starting to make Orangepaw feel lonely, the apprentice took to working out at the moor and practicing with different muzzles, doing many laps and increasing them by day, but this never helped his breathing, it only helped him not gain weight from them prey he ate as he had nothing to do but eat, sleep, and sit alone while the other apprentice's got up early to go exercise and train. Orangepaw looked at the medicine cat with a small dip of his head before turning away to go sit alone, hunched over and miserable by the apprentice den. Orangepaw had to blink away his tears, his quivering whiskers the only thing keeping the depressed apprentice from hiding his secret of sadness.

"If this moment is our wave. Dont' be afraid, face it with more strength"
- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3

Last edited by SeonghwasBunnyEars; April 18th, 2024 at 06:38 PM. Reason: The secret of sadness