View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2024, 09:52 AM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: The Wrath of Water and Wind [P]

Swiftfire-She/Her
Purrk(s): Ultimate Predator

The look she shot Batglare as he oh so tactfully placed Twistedpaw in her paws...it could have set the daisies on fire. A team would have been her and Batglare taking the rabbit down, and letting Twistedpaw watch and learn how to herd and ambush. Now she had to do all of the herding, and hope Twistedpaw had the attention span to be ready for the ambush.

But Batglare was already gone, and Swiftfire closed her eyes and took in a long, deep breath through her nose. Twistedpaw had turned to her, stuttering and stammering out her words. Her eyes opened, and Swiftfire shook out her pelt, sliding her pale yellow gaze down to look at Twistedpaw. "I'm not going to bite your ears off." She growled softly, "But since you are now learning from one of WindClan's finest hunters, feel proud. You'll get a thumping rabbit today, mark my words." Though that wasn't her promise to make. That was Batglare's. She had made this promise before, and she had seen it actually come to fruition. But that was a different apprentice.

That had been her apprentice. This was Batglare's. Twistedpaw's achievements should be his to share with her.

The tortoiseshell and white was silent for a long time as she stared out into space, at least that was what it looked like. But she was planning, scanning, and planning based on the information she had gathered in her surroundings. "Alright, come with me." She said until she reached a shallow dip in the ground, and she gestured to it. "Get in there, get real low. I'll drive the rabbit over it, and you'll spring up and take it when it tries to hop over or around you. If you miss, just chase after it as best you can. I'll be keeping an eye from a few fox-lengths, making sure it doesn't double back on you."

She glanced down at Twistedpaw. "Did you catch all that? In laments terms, stay here and stay low. You'll hear the rabbit before you see it, so use your ears to judge your pounce. I won't be far, but if you really want this rabbit, prove it." With that, Swiftfire gave the apprentice an awkward, curt nod and bounded up the slope to the right, pausing at the crest to sniff the air before disappearing over the other side.

@TheNyanCatMinecart @Moonraven