View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2024, 04:48 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: There's always an exception, you just happen to be one! [p!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
“City? Well, I guess not all cats call it that.” He said, giving her a sheepish grin. He’d experienced similar things when he’d met Dawnstar. Clan cats seemed to have a different language with different words for things, just like loners and kittypets did. “Basically, it’s where the No-Furs live! Er, I’ve heard lots of names for No-Furs too. Some call ‘em Twolegs, Upwalkers, Housefolk, it all depends on the cat I guess.”

“There are tons of monsters and everything’s gloomy and gray and made of stone. But it’s not stone - it’s cold, and unnatural. They have tons of dens there. From what I understand they have some dens for sleeping, and some for prey, and then some for other stuff. I used to know a cat who was an expert on No-Furs! He taught me all about the city, while I was there, I mean. It’s super different from the forest, but some of them have trees and plants and stuff though!”

Gracklepaw rambled on and on about the city. It was one of the many placed he’d “lived” in. Although lived was a strong word. He’d sorta just passed through and hung out there till he got bored. Just like with everywhere else.

“There are also so many smells! And so many No-Furs! It’s so strange!”

. . .
@Marigoldwhisper

Magpiepaw
She\Apprentice\SC
"Why pick them when I can do it so much better?"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Ah, Magpiepaw thought. Two-legs

She'd never seen one before, but she knew to stay away from them and their furless bodies. Despite how harmless their stature was described to be, many cats still feared them and what they could do.

She wasn't sure why though. She would claw the face out of a two-leg any day! No hesitation!

Magpiepaw listened intently as Gracklepaw continued to speak about this mysterious "city". It sounded horrible, but it got her invested regardless.

The place Gracklepaw described felt like it belonged in another planet, heck another UNIVERSE. But was probably only a weeks walk.

"Smells of what?" Magpiepaw pushed on. This was probably the stillest she ever stayed for any cat, especially in a long conversation like this. She hated elders for running their mouths so much, so how come she actually listened when Gracklepaw rambled on.

She flicked a nat away from her ear. She'd figure it out eventually. Maybe she just liked the way he described things. Ha! Take that, elders!

"Everything was stone you said?" Magpiepaw shuttered at the thought. Stone heated up rather quickly in the summer, and got all cold and slippery in leaf-bare. She couldn't fathom how painful it must've been to live there and walk on grassless ground.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!