View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2024, 12:11 AM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default a pawstep between life and death

It was late, and Fadingsun was alone. He was out near the outskirts patrolling, mostly to make sure the scent markers were fresh. He wasn't expecting the calamity that was about to hit him, or the devastating impact it would have.

It happened before he could even fully process what was happening. Two outsiders, their scent cleverly disguised by mud and wild onion, came crashing down on him from the shadows.

Claws tore into his sides, causing a shooting pain to spiral through him the likes of which he hadn't experienced in a long time. He yowled out, in a mixture of pain and anger. The deputy struck out with both of his paws; one of them managed to tear into someone, but the other only struck empty air.

Claws sank into his shoulders and threw him to the side. As he skidded along the grass, he rolled onto his back and kicked out with his hind legs. His legs struck the chest of a cat sprinting towards him, knocking them back. They were replaced almost immediately by someone else, leaping forward and slashing at Fadingsun's belly with his claws.

He scrambled to his paws, but this other cat was fast. Blows were exchanged; the searing pain in his sides was making it hard to focus. This issue was only intensified as the other cat joined the fight once more, putting him in a true two versus one situation.

Fadingsun wasn't a bad fighter by any means, but these cats were a lot larger and stronger than he. He'd never fought two cats on his own before; even in the outskirts, he'd always had Dusk by his side.

For the first time in a while, he felt genuine fear crash down on him as the flurry of blows against him began to get overwhelming. Blood was everywhere, running down his sides, staining the grass, even dripping into his eye a bit from a small cut just above it.

Eventually, one of the outsiders slammed a heavy blow into Fadingsun's head. The impact made his legs immediately crumple, and he slumped to the ground. The world was spinning and fuzzy all around; there was nothing he could do to stop the next move that was coming.

Sharp claws hooked into his shoulders and flung him as hard as they could. He landed awkwardly on the ground, causing a sharp pain to shoot through his entire body. His neck snapped back, his head knocking against a stone. It was at this moment that he blacked out.

( @talle @Dolomedes @naiad You guys can go ahead and have your cats come in! Posting order will be Dusklion - Seabreeze - Dunepounce. I really need this RP to be wrapped up ASAP, so please feel free to skip over someone if more than a couple days go by without a reply. You guys have pp perms to kill these outsiders + take Fading back to the camp and treat his injuries.

His injuries are a lot of scratches, including a few deep ones, along his sides, a cut above his right eye, scratches on his belly, a mild concussion, lots of bruising, and deep puncture wounds in his shoulders. This is officially the start of my hiatus, so I will not be posting any further! )
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.