View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2024, 08:24 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: a pawstep between life and death

Dusklion - RiverClan Head Lionheart
She/her | 27 moons | Go with the Flow, Beefed Up T3, Rapid Recovery, Shadow Fiend
Red. That was all she saw as her claws continued to shred the already dead outsider below her. This Rage that had encapsulated her heart ever since the meeting had a new target now, and it was the vermin who thought it wise to try and kill her brother. "I swear by every star in the damn sky if he's dead, I'm huntin' every single one of you down!" came the roar from barred fangs as her claws slashed deep, gouging wounds across the larger cats flank. They would all die, and their death would be at her claws. She wanted to watch the life drain from their eyes, the light fade to nothing more than a glossy dullness. They would -

A shoulder made her stumble to the side, and in a rush of sights and sounds reality came back to her. Her jaws snapped together as she rounded on whoever had shoved her, instinctively ready to shred yet another outsider. Until she realized it was Dunepounce, and that the outsider was dead. The head Lionheart shook her head and glanced back, now seeing just how... dead they were. Nearby was another body - both outsiders were dead?

Good.

"Sweep the area, make sure none of those vermin are left," she barked to the warrior before whisking towards her brother. Upon reaching him she skidded to a halt, nose going immediately into her brother's bloodied fur. He was so still and so torn apart that Dusklion didn't dare breath or utter a single word. Frantically she searched his pelt, and only when she found the faint trace of his heart beating did she let her resolve falter.

"I swear to stars, Fades, you die on me 'n I'll to kill you." The threat came in a low hiss, breaking at the end as tears rolled from her eyes. She regretted all of it - not speaking with him, pushing him away, putting her own ambitions over him. It was stupid and made her want to rake her claws across stone until they were nothing but stumps. The dark tabby stayed crouched like that over her brother, trying to capture her resolve once more. She needed to steady it, to forge it with the iron strong belief that Fades would pull through. He had to.

Looking now to Seabreeze her gaze hardened. It was clear he was working to patch him up, and so the head Lionheart bit back her retorts. "Cobwebs. Moss. Get them now. We need to stabilize him before movin' back to camp." Turning from the warrior Dusklion started to make quick work of cleaning the blood from his wounds, falling into muscle memory from their time in the outskirts. Her heart continued to thud in her chest as she fought against the tidal wave of fear inside of her. He was going to be okay. He had to be okay.

[ @Dolomedes @naiad - feel free to have sea patch him up in your next post! i'm going to post in camp of them bringing fading back so he can start being tended to ]