View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2024, 11:47 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: chilling by the water [rc picnic event! open to all!]

Event [#event]

Once he'd given enough time for cats to assemble, Fadingsun began leading those in attendance out towards Haven Springs. As he walked, he heard Seabreeze come up and offer some congratulations mixed with gratitude. The leader bowed his head, somewhat sheepishly.

It felt odd, frankly, to be congratulated for becoming leader when he'd only recently become deputy. He felt like he could let more of his real emotions show around his Lionhearts; he trusted them not to make a big deal out of it or to try to use it as a manipulation tactic. Seabreeze had only ever been helpful, if a little hesitant when put in a position of leadership.

"I have confidence that you'll do a fantastic job," he offered, sincerity in his voice. "You've been a highly active presence in this Clan. Not only that, but you've kept a level head, and you've only fixed problems rather than creating more." Some cats seemed to think that they could get a pass to act out as long as they did a little extra work on the side. Maybe that would've slid by under Larkstar and Birdsnow, but it wouldn't under his leadership.

"Don't overthink what you do as a Lionheart, and don't be afraid to use authority when you need to," he advised. "It can be hard to get used to, but you will. I'm counting on you - and so are your fellow Lionhearts - to be able to put your paw down when you feel it's right. I'd rather have you put your paw down at the wrong time than not at all, since failing to act can get cats hurt or killed." Stars knew his life had taught him that more than a few times.

Once they arrived at Haven Springs, Fadingsun turned to address everyone present. "Feel free to spend our time here relaxing and chatting with your fellow Clanmates. We'll spend a while here, and then I'll lead us back to camp."

Turning back towards Seabreeze, the tom gestured for the Lionheart to sit with him and continue chatting.

[ I won't be making an additional event post until the end of the picnic! Your cats are encouraged to hang out and have fun with their fellow Clanmates. If you're lacking a roleplay partner, I suggest looking back at those who have open, unclaimed posts and grabbing one of those cats to roleplay with! As I said before, please try to keep this roleplay light-hearted and drama-free. Thank you, and I hope everyone enjoys this little event :heartbouce: ]

Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.