Old April 25th, 2024, 05:08 PM
The_legendairy_Cowstar

Bump Policy: Any time hehe
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Garlic Feather
Purrks; Just a scratch| Beefed up tier 2|
He-Him { River Clan } Warrior

Marching into the territory his paws skimmed the rough texture of the ground and his eyes were trained ahead occasionally drifting to the side as movement of the swaying grass and all the other tiny movements around him caught his attention. Incase he hadn't made it clear he felt as though someone had pressed all the wrong buttons when he woke up because his mood was foul and short tempered. Even the slightest slip up could make him explode into starclan knows what sort mental angerered rant. Impatience made him feel as though the world was moving slower and he hated it, couldn't they get there quicker? On that note he let out a slight mumble and sped up before at last seeking out the river they were intended to hunt at, he gave a slight nod without looking back under the assumption they had followed. It would have been idiotic not to seeing as this was a patrol but nonetheless. Stretching out his limbs he cleared his throat. 'I'm not one to tell you how to hunt, since your both fully grown capable warriors, but go in opposite directions down the river when you hunt as to not disrupt one anothers progress with it. Once you've caught all you can meet back here and I'll report back with what we've caught before we set it on the pile. ' The order was spoken quickly as Garlic Feather crouched down, shuffling so his shadow didn't fall across the river and rose a forepaw readying himself to flick it into the cool waters he was fishing at. He made a brief prayer to starclan that he wouldn't make himself look like a moron failing a basic hunt and that his tendency for good luck on these things kept moving.

[Rolling. . . 19/20 - Dc: 10]
All his focus was glued upon this one spot, zoned on it like it was the determining factor of whether or not he got a disappointed look when the patrol returned and his careful watch over the water and built up anticipation proved itself useful as he saw a flicker of movement, before spotting a fish. Forepaw raised he flicked both his paws into the water and snagged the fish throwing it out of the water and onto the space beside him, leaning to the side he held it down well delivering a swift bite and by the stars was it a hefty fella. The trout he'd caught was green with a plethora of creamy spots covering it, it's tail forked and whatnot, in all other words it was one star damned hell of a catch for GarlicFeather considering his limited abilities in hunting. This lifted his spirits a little and eased his foul mood as he admired the fish, for a moment or two he was lost in wondering whether all his catches today would be this hefty, hopefully he wouldn't have to make two trips back and forth.. nudging it to the side GarlicFeather rolled his shoulders readying to catch another fish.
(+1 Trout)
[Rolling . . . 3/20 Dc: 10]
Catching sight of another flicker of movement GarlicFeather flicked his forepaw into the water, watching the ripples form as he thought he'd gotten something, stars above this must be a mighty catch because he was having a horrible time trying to get it out, at a certain point he realises he wasn't even hooking his claws on a fish he'd simply wrapped his paws around something under the water, although he wasn't sure what had made it so hard for him to pry out. He would of liked to see what exactly had made him look like a fool trying to get another decent fish. Taking a moment to cool down as his fur bristled with irritation, he tried to pick out exactly what was annoying him. Today was just one of those days everything seemed extra horrible he supposed. With a slight mutter he glanced back at his previous catch, of course StarClan would tease him with good promise and the ability to hunt before snatching it away. Garlic Feather took a long moment to stare at the water, his reflection was a rippling image in the waters, a reminder he shouldn't be lingering around self-reflecting because of a singular failure. He was the Garlic Feather! afterall, the last thing he wanted to do was slack.

[Rolling. . . 15/20 Dc:10]
GarlicFeather breathed deep and anchored himself, he didn't give a damn if he felt horrible or felt amazing he had a patrol to finish and he was gonna be the one to actually try to do so. Readjusting his position and noting that he'd missed a fish before well looking at his reflection like an idiot he gave a little nod to himself, odd on the outside and yet reassuring to him he tensed and readied a forepaw once more, every slight movement had him reacting with just as much movement as he judged every swimming fish passing just out of reach. Finally catching sight of one within reach his paws flicked out and wrapped around the fish, claws hooking into it as he threw it beside the other once more holding it down and nipping it's spine. He blinked admiring the Pike he'd caught, this is what focus and concentration got you Garlic! not dwindling or scuffing your paws on the ground, concentration and pushing past the emotions plaguing you.
(+1 Pike)
[Rolling . . . 15/20 Dc: 10]
Keeping that anchor in place GarlicFeather once more readjusted himself, at this rate he really will need to make two trips. His tail flicked from side to side with mild impatience he struggled to push down as he watched the water, fish were tricky slippery things. Not the best thing for a cat who was action hungry he supposed. But oh well, blinking he saw a shape flick close a flash of scales and his paws shot into the water once more. The speed of such surprised him as he added another fish to the pile, nipping it's spine he found it was a much smaller pike, fish is fish he supposed.
(+1 Pike)
[Rolling. . . 6/20 Dc: 10]
Determination powering the final part of this patrol his focus was shaper than ever, his previous foul mood forgotten, sometimes in little moments like this he was convinced some hunting expert was sharing their secrets with him or something because he was sure he was supposed to be horrible at hunting. Perhaps that was what was bugging him, he was improving that's for sure. And that meant ultimately he was getting better at things he never used to be good at, like hunting. Battling he was already perfect at, nonetheless he practised anyhow as there were always new things to learn. Hunting was a set thing, you learn how to do it and that was that. Blinking and catching sight of a ripple his paws once more flashed into the river and he stumbled slightly failing miserably and missing. Maybe he was just getting lucky.

With a huff he leaned over and picked up what he'd caught moving into a relaxed sit as he waited for his fellow patrolmates to return with their catches. He had a lot to think about since it had clearly started to effect his performance on patrols. He took this chance to groom his fur and make himself look a tad bit more presentable than previously.

@redshiftreign @Lucythecat
(Lemme know if there's any problems w this!!)

Heya! If you’re interested in rping feel free to message me whenever! I’m also lf help with rping better!
All pixel art used is credited here!
Rp tracker/Finder!
My Characters!
Art store: here
Formerly: | The-legendary-cowstar | Spider-Cow
Hello! Sometimes I'll be a little busy or get sick or not have access to my technology/Laptop so my apologies if I forget to reply or do something!