Thread: Surprise!
View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2024, 04:46 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Surprise!

Darkfall

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3) | Ultimate Predator: Inactive | Hulk SMASH! [Inactive]

Looking up from his post at the front of the camp, Darkfall nodded silently to Dawnstar as she called him along with a few others. Truthfully, he was a bit glad to know that Dawnstar trusted hm enough to have him tag along with the group, and was looking forward to chasing off the minks. Of oourse, he hadn’t the slightest clue what a mink actually looked like, and was glad that his leader offered some sort of explanation as they walked. The way that Dawnstar described them was a bit unnerving, it also explained why she had gotten so roughed up during the last encounter she had with the vermin.

It appeared that they were approaching the WindClan border. The massive tom wasn’t too fond of this one, as there seemed to be an abundance of mud no matter the season. Gross stuff, mud that is. It just seemed to always get stuck in the fur between his toes and it was absolutely disgusting to deal with later on. He wasn’t one to claim Vulturefang as his father in most cases, however, after finding out about their relationship, he was quick to blame the older tom for the stars-damned big and fluffy paws that he inherited. Stupid, useless father…

He was quickly dragged out of his thoughts, however, when he too picked up on the growing scent of rot. He had noticed it as the got closer to the heathery border, however, it seemed that as the further they got, the worse and more overwhelming the stench grew. Wrinkling his nose in disgust, he cast a glance towards the other enforcer he had been walking alongside. The scent of WindClan was almost non existent now, and the already diluted ShadowClan scent seemed to be buried depe within he recesses of decay as well. This was something that neither clan did.

Blue eyes narrowed as he realized what this meant. Of course, it was then that the perpetrators began to make themselves known. It was a lot of noise. The sound of muffled chittering and scrabbling had his fur on end and his head instantly snapped forward. A low growl emanated from within him but was cut short when he truly saw the depth of what they were up against.

They came in droves. Honestly, he had been expecting maybe a small battle patrol’s worth of minks, but oh no, there they were pouring out of that hellish pit in a sea of black and brown. ”Stars help us–” He managed before they were quickly overrun by the vicious creatures.

Darkfall had several thoughts as he faced the sea of creatures. One of them was how completely and utterly hopeless the situation was, and another still was to stay near everyone else. Out of one corner of his eye he was able to see that Mistlewhisker who had just been next to him was bowled over by one of the little biters. Petalrot was dealing with one of bug’s own. He couldn’t quite make out Dawnstar in all of the commotion, however, he noticed that Moonmeadow appeared to be having a struggle. Crap crap crap, things were moving far too fast!

Grabbing one of the creatures in his jaws, he managed to toss it to the side in an effort to make it to the other warrior, however, his movements were inhibited by the writhing mass of creatures. He felt bites at his legs, his flanks, scrabbling at his neck and face, but he continued to swat at what he could while he pushed through. It was a struggle, keeping low to the ground to avoid getting his belly ripped apart, while trying to help his clanmate as well. It didn’t help that he couldn’t put any real power behind his blows do to the space being filled with the creatures who conveniently liked to stay just out of reach. He could feel an unmistakable anger that he thought had lon since died bubbling wihtin him. ”Damn it all to hell!” Darkfall snarled. He didn’t know if he’d make it to her in time, he was a bit preoccupied himself as an angry yowl escaped him. One of those blasted catwannabes bit into the back of his leg, and yanked, causing him to lose his balance and temporarily tumble to the ground.

Damn. Darkfall was starting to question why Dawnstar hadn’t brought more warriors. Surely if she had known about the scale they were dealing with, she wouldn’t have brought them out here to die. Right?
[ @Undertaker @Mica @Neptune. @Dolomedes Whoops, I fear I may have added too much. Please lmk if any editing needs to be done. Additionally, I am prepared to Hulk Smash murder one (or some) of them]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here