View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2024, 10:57 AM

Bump Policy: After 24 hours if i'm not online. || I got church on Wednesdays and Sundays + Saturdays
My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
"Good job!" Wolfhive praised when Wisppaw successfully made the jump. "Practice this when you can, being able to navigate through the trees is invaluable."

Wolfhive would repeat this process, crossing onto the branch of another nearby tree. "The purpose of doing this today is I want you to track prey from above, and then leap down onto it to pin it. We're high enough where the branches rustling shouldn't alert anything, but not so high that jumping down will hurt you."

All of this - of course, was a spur of the moment experiment on Wolfhive's end. He'd never tried this before, but...

He tasted the air on the last branch he stopped on, and catching wind of a chipmunk he went on the hunt. He used the height of the tree to boost his ability to observe their surroundings, and once he caught sight of the critter he leapt from branch to branch to close the distance. Then, when he seemed close enough to the teee to leap---

He dropped down onto the chipmunk, pinning it beneath him and killing it with a clean bite to the neck. Wolfhive's heart was pounding - it worked! Maybe he was just lucky, either way he caught something. He looked up toward Wisppaw, signaling him to make an attempt.

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]|-| WispPaw |-| <Century Gothic> |-|
|-| A short haired tom with color point, grey markings - 7 moons - tom, he/him - gay - Purrks:N/A|-|

------------------------------------------

WispPaw nodded, and attempted. he jumped to another tree branch, and sniffed the air, and spotted a squirrel munching on a berry on the ground. he quietly made his way to a branch that was right above the squirrel. he jumped down, and almost missed it. he pinned it to the ground as WolfHive did and bit its neck, killing it. he picked it up, squirrel fur was all up in his mouth now. he didn't like it much, but dealt with it and went back over to WolfHive.