View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2024, 03:18 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: A Lesson in the Necessities [p]

Darkfall

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3) | Ultimate Predator: Inactive | Hulk SMASH! [Inactive]

Darkfall was relieved to hear that his apprentice had been doing well in the time that he wasn’t able to fully devote his attention to him. He was glad that the younger tom had been taking care of himself. Perhaps he would need to try to set aside more time for him inbetween his other duties and the brief moments that he spent with his family.

It was Rufflepaw’s next question that got him thinking. Hmm where would be a good spot to work on hunting? Shadow’s Break was always promising, but he preferred to avoid hunting there whenever he could. Maybe the Icy Heartlands? It was a long walk, but the spot itself wasn’t horrible. ”Icy Heartlands.” He said, breaking his thought-filled silence ”I believe that will be an effective spot to work on things.”

As they walked along, Darkfall began explaining the basics of hunting to his apprentice. ”So, I’ve shown you a crouch for battle before, yes? You’re going to want to use that same concept in hunting – I’ll show you a proper example when we get to our location. Anyways, being able to determine prey by scent is important and will come with practice, everything requires slightly different techniques to hunt them. Birds are sight and sound prey, quickly and silently approaching them from behind is imperative. Lizards can feel the vibrations in the ground as well as hear. They like sunny spots. Slow and steady is the trick. Mice and chipmunks and the like mostly rely scent so always be aware of being downwind. Additionally, their ears are quite good, and if you approach to carelessly, they will pick up on the vibrations of your steps.” A long winded explanation, however, it was much like what Cougarivy had once taught him, and look how he turned out. An excellent hunter just like the former Commander. jAs they got deeper within the territory, he inclined his head towards Rufflepaw. ”Do you have any questions?”

[ @Eden I’m so sorry I’ve spent almost all of March sick in some way]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here