View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2024, 02:03 AM

Bump Policy: A week
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Teams n' Trainin' n' Teachin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeonghwasBunnyEars View Post

Summerpaw gave a gentle sniff. "Uhm... my mentor Minnowsplash told me that... sense I have a bright orange pelt.. that I should face towards the sun so my shadow falls behind me and the sun reflects on my pelt.... she said it would disguise me better...." Summerpaw said carefully, not trying to contradict the she-cat, just trying to inform her that Summerpaw's tried it all, his bright orange pelt was just to heavy and to bright. "Like this" He mewed, he positioned himself carefully, making sure his side shadow didn't fall over the water, Summerpaw locked onto a fish and twitched his whiskers. Swooping into the water with his paw he attempted to snatch out the fish, he grabbed it with his forepaws, his hind paws dinging into the soil with a panicked grumble, Summerpaw leaned forward and bit the fishes tail, he threw it behind him and tumbled backwards so he didn't fall into the water. Landing on his back the clumsy Tom flipped over like a kit and grabbed his prey, biting it and snapping it's spine. "That....... was not how she taught me to do it" Summerpaw mewed in embarssment
Irisfrost

Summerpaw told her his technique, and Irisfrost nodded. "That would be useful, especially when the water is clear. If the water is murky you don't need to do that, but as it isn't so much today, that would be a good idea." With her mottled pelt Irisfrost had never needed to do that, but she could see how other cats might struggle.

Irisfrost frowned at Summerpaw's messy attempt at fishing. "Good to know your mentor taught you better than that," she replied dryly. "Try again. I want to see if you can do it better. I'll be behind you to catch any fish you miss." With that Irisfrost sat behind him, keeping one eye on Summerpaw's technique and the other on the river.