View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2024, 11:12 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Clans Re: Forever Home

REDHAWK
she/they | thunderclan hornet | 32 moons

Today was a rare day where the normal pressures of her hornet duties weren't getting to her, and Redhawk felt comfortable enough to relax as she padded alongside Crowpaw through the territory. One last tour before his assessment got started - he was practically ready now and the hornet was planning to start it after the next moon's gathering. The tom didn't seem to be in a chatty mood as they neared the outskirts border though, and Red hadn't pushed it. She was okay with the silence as she glanced around at the territory, a small smile on her maw.

Suddenly a voice cut into her thoughts and her responsibility as a ThunderClan hornet came back to her. Following suit her claws came out as she hurried alongside Crowpaw, wondering who was trespassing on their land. But it wasn't an intruder - it was Vixenpaw. Redhawk blinked, staring at the missing ThunderClan cat before her. It seemed this cat knew Crowpaw though, and wasn't a threat, so for now the hornet let her claws retract back.

The news about Thrushstar had Redhawk's eyes widening as she glanced at Crowpaw. He had done what? A slow burning anger seeped into her chest as she recalled the last time she had seen the tom; disappearing into the mouth of the Starcave to claim leadership of ThunderClan. She'd gone missing that night, never to see him or her home for quite some time. When she had returned and Bumblestar had let her come back, she'd learned that he had disappeared after the sink hole that took their camp.

Cinderpaw was a situation she wasn't familiar with outside of hearing about it from others. She didn't really have strong opinions on it, outside of the fact that she had always found it odd that the fiery she-cat never wanted to take on a name. Her name was spoken then and Redhawk blinked. Shooting one last worried glance at Crowpaw, she turned to look at Vixenpaw and offered a soft smile. "I'm glad t-to see you're alive, Vixenpaw." She had faint memories of the she-cat, but not much. "ThunderClan has been alright. We recently had a battle with RiverClan because they were poisoning part of our territory, then went silent. Bumblestar was worried, so we... led a raid to make sure they weren't up to anything." Red ignored the flicker of guilt in her belly.

"Things have been pretty quiet though lately. Lots of new apprentices, and warriors... Crowpaw's only an assessment away from his warrior ceremony." At that she glanced at the tom with eyes full of pride. "He'll be t-the first cat I've brought t-to warriorhood. Well, more credit to the mentors and warriors before me, but..." It was still a nice thought, that Crowpaw would be the first cat she completed an assessment for and helped get their warrior name.

Looking to Vixenpaw now, Red tilted her head. "Are you... looking to come back to ThunderClan?" Outsiders were strictly forbidden from joining she knew, but missing ThunderClan cats were different.

[ Vixenpaw - @Estelle ] [ Crowpaw - @SpiritedWarrior ]

Last edited by taillow; April 22nd, 2024 at 11:26 PM.