My Mood: Confused

Default Re: everything's gonna be alright [PLOT FINDER]

Name:

Brutus
(Possible RiverClan names: Squirrel’Kit, Bear’Kit, Sparrow’Kit, Lion’Kit

Two and a half Moons

Male, he/him

Appearance:

Brutus is a small and scrawny tom with brown fur and a white muzzle. His eyes are wide and a very bright turquoise color. His fur is mid-length and prickly. His tail is shaped strangely like a squirrel’s and it ties with his eyes as his most distinctive features. There is no fur on his paws. I will put a reference just below this description, but unfortunately, it will be missing the scars on his paws. The reference also misses the squirrel-like tail, which makes me more upset than I’d like to say. I apologize for that. I will try my best to just describe them here. The has been scarred off of his paws, leaving those scars to show themselves clearly, and his paws will be forever raw and bare. Due to being burned at such a young age and getting his skin messed up, his paws now (a), look funny, and (b), will experience some problems during his lifetime.

Personality overview:

(Brutus Biography)

If anything doesn’t make sense, feel free to ask questions. I tend to word things out a little funny sometimes.

Brutus is… odd. Odd, yes, but interesting. One moment he’ll be dead-asleep in the middle of a lake, but in the next, he’s summoning demons. He’s unexpected, but he always seems to be enthusiastic about everything. He’ll talk about the darkest topics like they’re just fun little ideas, rambling off about bloody and frightening stories without hesitation. If his behavior ever upsets those around him, he simply decides that their emotions have nothing to do it’s him, so he leaves them to suffer alone and brushes it off. He can be selfish and pretty lazy, leading his own life independently. Everything he does is for his own benefit, and his ‘sorry’s are always just: “Ah, well that’s rather unfortunate for you, my friend- well my apologies, but life must go on… farewell!” Brutus is also reckless and will put his life on the line, just as long as the danger interests him.

As for strengths? At least he’s intelligent. Brutus does a lot of thinking, most of which is used to better his life. He’ll spent years thinking about how fast a bird would have to fly into a window to die, and feel as happy as ever as he thinks. He isn’t afraid to say what’s on his mind (which you could also consider a weakness) and will speak out against anything that has something he finds wrong or unnecessary in it, and feel no shame when yelled at for his excessive debating. Once it’s clear that somebody won’t be listening to him, even if what they have to say is important to nearly everybody but Brutus, assuming it doesn’t affect him, Brutus will turn and walk away. He doesn’t waste his time.

Now clearly, that work-in-progress-biography personality description was kind of all over the place, just like the personality itself. Let me try and clear some things up. That biography-description made him seem like he doesn’t have many strengths, but that isn’t very true. As I said, he is intelligent, and is good with strategy. With the amount of time he spends thinking, Brutus had learned to solve little mysteries with ease, as well as enjoy situations that require him to think. He views these sorts of situations as simple ‘brain-games’ which allows him to pull through them without much hesitation, boredom, or anxiousness. This makes him appear more courageous and some how both prepared and unprepared. Physically, Brutus will become pretty skilled. Despite the paw issue, he will learn to be quick and flexible, fast and hard to catch. He will learn to take advantage of his legs and tail to make up for the pain in his paws, allowing for extra strength and athletics.

Back to weaknesses. If Brutus doesn’t care, he doesn’t do, end of story. Becoming a member of Riverclan would most likely help him with this a little bit, as it sort of forces him to become part of a team and less of a loner. He is very lazy when he doesn’t see personal benefit in an activity. But when he does see himself gaining something, he will jump into action and perform wonderfully. Brutus also has the attention span of a stale carrot. Once he’s bored, it takes some effort to snap him out of thought and get him back in the game, especially because he would rather fantasize about fish and lizards ruling the world than pay attention to soemthing that bores him.

Even in RiverClan, Brutus would still be his wonky and enthusiastic self.

Plot idea(s):

If Brutus is nearly killed by outsiders, he will be in for some shock and emotional craze. The violent encounter with these two outsiders would have freaked him out, and by the time Mistyshard arrives to have a pleasant chat with him, he’ll still be all jumpy and sensitive. I believe that Mistyshard being the cat to calm him down and assure him that everything will be alright, they’re gone, and that nobody can harm him here, he will feel a tiny bit of emotional attachment to her. Brutus struggles to get too close with anybody, and if he feels attached to Mistyshard during this practical ‘first proper meeting’ then that already says a lot. It just proves that she will mean a lot to him during his future. Brutus could suddenly get shaken up again at the idea that the cats here care for him so much and just start bawling himself a stream, where Mistyshard could step in again and, once again, let him know she’s there for him. Just let him know that he won’t be dying any time soon, you know?

Brutus had absolutely no idea how to swim, thanks to his age and the fact that he has never set a paw in water before. His semi-ruined paws won’t help him either. Cats like Mistyshard could discover ways to make him a good swimmer and teach him the way of the water so he can learn to go zooming through the river. This would happen once he becomes an apprentice.

Teaching Brutus (even with his crappy paws) how to swim could be a key bonding experience for both the teacher(s) and Brutus, and once Brutus can swim, I’m sure he’ll have a nice and sudden confidence boost.

Brutus might look up at those who rescued him from the outsiders and took him in to become a Riverclanner as if they are angels that he watched fall from heaven with his own shining eyes. He will love these cats to death, and whenever he’s got a worry, guess who he’s running up to and rambling off to? His saviors. Though, this might become a little issue, because Brutus will brush off the idea of finding other friends, convinced that these said-saviors are more than enough for him. Mistyshard could try her hardest to toss him out into the social environment, but each and every time, she’d find the stubborn and reluctant-to-love Brutus prancing on back to her with a smile and a confident, “Ah, friends, such worthless things- I’ve got you, haven’t I? Show some respect for yourself and your existence, will you?

One day he’ll find some friends, but that won’t stop him from feeling attatched to his adoptive mother.

Other:

-Here is an example of a Brutus Role-Play Post. Is shows a bit of personality, though he would be a little more mature upon arriving to RiverClan.

Post Example

-And also, wonderful plot idea!

Mention: ❀ @starry

Have a nice day! Best of luck, and enjoy role-playing Mistyshard! ^^

Feel free to stop by, request a roleplay, or just chat! I’m all open!

WIP Character Biographies //

Have a nice day!
~ Fritz ~

Last edited by Weekend-Wondering; April 8th, 2024 at 04:37 PM.