View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2024, 04:58 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: The Wrath of Water and Wind [P]

(I'll reply with Twistedpaw now to get her reaction in, then Tia and Moon, it's your turn!)

~ TWISTEDPAW OF WINDCLAN - AFAB SHE/HER ~

Small, skinny, black she-cat with a light gray belly and tail-tip, a crooked jaw, a mangled tail, and one blind eye.

Had she just been out hunting with Batglare and Swiftfire? Even though this whole ordeal had started by her crossing the RiverClan border by accident in pursuit of a rabbit, it didn't seem right. She hadn't wanted any of this to happen. The entire world had become a blinding cacophony of pain and fear, muddling Twistedpaw's mind as she continued to flail hopelessly beneath the RiverClan tom. Her fur felt wet and sticky with her own blood, unusually warm against the chilly air. She tried twisting and heaving, but the claw wounds on her stomach, sides, and legs screeched in protest. Sometimes, her freshly broken tail brushed against his legs, and it burned like fire. She cried out every time something twinged, more tears bursting from her eyes as she flopped to the ground. But Twistedpaw kept flailing, coating herself in foul-smelling muck and blood. She had to keep trying. If she didn't, she'd be stuck here for good, and who knew what else they'd do to her?

The worst part of it was that she felt so helpless. There was little she could do against two fully-trained, able-bodied warriors. She was at their mercy - and all because of a featherbrained accident. Her stomach clenched as the white fur of her rabbit flashed in her vision. Sorry... I'm sorry... All she wanted was Swiftfire and Batglare to come bursting into the marshes to rescue her. Will they be mad at me? The thought was vague against the hot flashes of pain, her terror at being caught like a rabbit in a dead end, and the sense of impending doom as she realized she didn't have the strength nor the skills to fight back. One scuffle with Fallownose and a spar with Brightpaw weren't enough for her to deal with this.

What if they kill me? The idea sent a new thrill of terror through Twistedpaw.

Harsh words from the bushy-furred she-cat made Twistedpaw stiffen before she realized the words weren't aimed at her. She's calling the tom - Cedarfrost - off. Relief flowed through her, and she sagged to the ground, gasping. Her crooked jaw hung loosely to the side, the unusually big white tooth at its edge glinting in the sunlight. She looked first at the she-cat, then at Cedarfrost with huge, pleading, mismatched eyes.

"I-I have," she choked, her voice raw with pain and terror. "I-I'll n-never c-cross ag-gain." She knew that much. But did that mean she had to leave her rabbit behind? Regret closed over her like a wave, but Twistedpaw shook it off. Surviving is more important than the rabbit. That's what Batglare would've said. And the intense burn of her wounds told her that it would be for the best. Still, she felt immensely guilty. Someone like her couldn't afford to lose the rabbit.

An angry huff from Cedarfrost caught her attention. Twistedpaw looked up, her alarm beginning to spike - right as he plunged his claws even deeper into her belly and tore.

Twistedpaw knew what pain was like. She'd felt her mother's teeth digging into her scruff when she was barely old enough to open her eyes. She'd felt her mother's claws dig into her size and crack her tail. She'd felt the RiverClan cats just now as they assaulted her, biting off her ear and clawing at her flanks and legs, along with the multiple fresh breaks in her already mangled tail and the single scratch in her belly.

But this was a hundred times worse.

A horrific, high-pitched, distorted shriek tore itself from Twistedpaw's throat as soft flesh ripped beneath cruel claws. The world flashed red, and she spasmed, flailing her limbs like a wild animal. And the pain didn't stop. He kept ripping and tearing, filling the air with blood-scent as thick as a sheep's hide, sending fresh waves of agony through her, and oh, StarClan, make it stop-

Twistedpaw was hardly aware of the weight lifting from her as she jerked on the ground, jaws gaping in a macabre fashion as her long claws dug into the grass. Tears and snot ran freely down her face as a hot puddle gathered beneath her, staining her light gray belly fur a vibrant shade of scarlet. Cedarfrost's threat barely made it to her ear.

Something... wrong with me... never...

Another mix of a sob and a wail rose from her. There weren't any fresh blows being landed, she could tell, but there might as well have been. The pain was white-hot, muddling her mind and making the world swoop in alarming ways. The tears clogging her eyes didn't help. Her continual screams kept rising into the air, gradually fading in volume as the RiverClan cats vanished.

Despite her anguish, Twistedpaw somehow managed to decipher what Cedarfrost had said.

He hated her because of her deformities.

And he would kill her if she ever came back.

Her terror only increased. Twistedpaw tried to shut her eyes against the pain, but that didn't help. She wanted to hide from it, but alas, she was tied to the world.

I want Batglare...

@Moonraven @Tiabirb @starry @Snowyfeathr (Writing skills were just not here today lol, hope this is okay)

THUNDERCLAN BERRYKIT FINDER!!!

New and Improved Character Bios!