Thread: Sunset Grove
View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2024, 08:09 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: Sunset Grove

Deadmoon could hear Crowtooth's voice echoing through the tunnels, cutting through the panicky squeaks and squeals of the groundhogs enough that he was clearly audible. It seemed they were expected to go after another one, and then it would be time to leave. Sounded good to her, she at least had an idea of what to do this time. Not that she was likely to execute her plan flawlessly, that would be too much to expect from her. Though there was at least another groundhog relatively close to her little, offshoot tunnel, so there was something to practice on. Leaving her previous prize safely behind (at least she didn't THINK there was anything that would steal it down here. She certainly hoped not) she strode out into the main tunnel, sniffing intently at the walls and floor in an effort to determine what side paths the remaining groundhogs might have taken.

Without the aid of sight, it took a bit longer than she might have liked, but she was eventually reasonably confident that a groundhog was nearby and moved forward a bit more swiftly. A swift padding step, and then a small jog. Finally, a lunge, as she had managed to select a long enough tunnel that the 'hog didn't have a chance to pack itself into a corner as a form of protection. Her 'plan' to avoid its teeth wasn't even necessary! It almost swung its head around to bite her paw as she pinned it down with her weight, but she smacked at its nose and managed to swat its head away. From that point, it was simply a matter of moving quicker with her teeth than it could, and in that, she succeeded. This had gone shockingly well, and with a small smile on her maw Deadmoon hauled her second catch back towards the main group of the patrol. (+1 groundhog) @Lillith @Rani @zozelen @Estelle