as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: April Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 6 | Purrks: none | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw found himself smiling a bit and it was genuine as his attempts to help lighten Bravebird's moon worked just a bit even if at points it seemed like she was putting up a front more than anything. Though wasn't Rabbitpaw doing the same thing? He gave the warrior a small purr and let himself press into her fur, seeing as she wasn't upset at him and Rabbitpaw liked being able to feel others next to him. A cuddle bunny, one could call him, though not at a gathering, he needed to be his scariest at gatherings. Then his attention was put onto what Bravebird actually said, which, he probably should've paid attention to first. He giggled at Bravebird's comment and nodded his head in agreement, "I agree, Windclan is the best clan! Though you are right about it being a bit overwhelming, there's so many cats and so much noise and stuff." The blonde apprentice spoke as he swept his eyes through the gathering place again, pointedly ignoring where the deputy's were supposed to go. Only for Bravebird's next, innocent, question made its way into the young apprentice's brain. He didn't want to ignore her, but his voice dropped to a more hushed tone, "I-umm, noticed that..Riverclan wasn't here first..I just..." He let himself trail off, not wanting to bring down the mood after lightening it a bit the apprentice bonked his head lightly into the warrior's shoulder. Bulldozing any response that the warrior had to the Riverclan comment with a question of his own. "Can you tell me about the other clans?" Rabbitpaw was curious. He heard the most about Shadowclan and...Riverclan. Not so much Thunderclan.

The apprentice was curious about Thunderclan the most. He heard plenty and all he needed to about Riverclan and he knew some stuff about Shadowclan from the alliance that the other clan currently had with Windclan but not a lot about them exactly. He wasn't even sure who their deputy was. Thunderclan he knew nothing about, he knew of Bumblestar and Spiderthroat but only by name and only tonight did he have a description of the two of them as they sat in their respective spots. His eyes trailed the camp looking for any other interesting cats that he could maybe ask about. But decided to wait for Bravebird to answer his first question before bombarding her with too many. He gave her his full attention again as he waited for her to answer.

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!

Bravebird - WindClan Warrior
She/her | 45 moons | Beefed Up T3, One with the Warren
It seemed the apprentice agreed with her, and his own comment back about WindClan had Bravebird grinning. She had also noticed that RiverClan was a no-show - which, given how tense things were was likely a good thing. The lilac lynx-point wouldn't fight and break the truce, but she had planned to throw some nasty looks and warning snarls towards any of the fish-faces that decided to show up. She was partially thankful when Rabbitpaw didn't seem too caught up on RiverClan, and instead asked about ThunderClan.

The WindClan warrior wasn't much of a fan of them either, but compared to both ShadowClan and RiverClan, ThunderClan was in less murky water with her after they had conceded land to WindClan. "Well, there's three others, of course," she began, glancing up towards Seastones. "You know WindClan already. RiverClan, too... to be honest I've got no idea what's going on with their leadership anymore. Last leader to take up the mantle was Larkstar, but according to Bumblestar at the last Gathering, she's up and left leaving her deputy Birdsnow to take over. We'll see if that's still the case next moon, though I doubt it."

Finishing with RiverClan, and shifting her gaze from the empty spots where they normally were, Brave settled on ShadowClan next. "ShadowClan's much like us in the sense that they've been pretty stable - somewhat. Dawnstar's been their leader for quite some time, and her mother Icestar was the leader before her." Brave didn't recall much about the former leader outside of the fact that she was always usually exchanging jabs with RiverClan's leader at the time, Lionstorm. "She's had a pawful of deputies, and it looks like their most recent one, Vulturefang, either got demoted, or isn't with us anymore." Not really something she concerned herself with so she shrugged.

"ThunderClan used to be floundering more than a squirrel in water, but they've since pulled themselves back up under Bumblestar's leadership - not without quite a bit of violence, though." At that Bravebird shifted a now narrowed gaze to the deputy spot. "Spiderthroat is her deputy - and a rather wretched cat if you ask me. Nothing better than a rat inside of a cat, but hey can't expect much more when their leader snips and snaps at everyone at every Gathering." She rolled her eyes.

Finally looking back at Twilightstar, she grinned. "And then you've got us - Twilightstar's been at the helm of the Clan since I was a kit back in the nursery. Always sturdy and strong. And Fallownose..." ...That was a topic that Bravebird couldn't finish that thought as her jaw hardened a bit. Thankfully with Rabbitpaw there as a sort of anchor she was able to let it pass over her and fade away.

Before she could answer anymore questions, Bumblestar started to give announcements. Lots of apprentices it seemed, and ThunderClan thriving - not that any leader would ever claim the opposite. The news with ShadowClan perked her ears but didn't shock her. "Seems like ShadowClan's up to no good again. Keep in mind, though we do have an alliance with them, that you can never truly trust any of them. They only look out for themselves, as should we with WindClan," she murmured to Rabbitpaw with a glance at the apprentice.

[ Rabbitpaw - @/Dolomedes ]

Last edited by taillow; April 18th, 2024 at 07:55 PM.