View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2024, 07:34 PM

Bump Policy: 60 hours, 36 for important matters
My Mood: Bashful
Default Re: WindClan Outsider Joining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post

Safe, she's lost count of how many she's heard seek out the clan for safety. "I've no problems with you joining my Clan." She sighed softly. "Although if you're looking for safety you'll have better luck searching for a kind twoleg. Out here we are always at war, if we aren't killing each other we're killing the next big threat. You and your unborn will be expected to die for those within my clan, to train and learn our ways. Life here will not be easy, are you sure that's what you want?"

There was an owl? No surprising considering that birds of prey frequented the prairie. Owls, however, she didn't see often. The WindClan leader scanned the area where it swooped, trying to locate what it was hunting. She had been expecting a rabbit or some mice, nope. There was a kit standing near a rock. Twilightstar didn't give it a second thought, she dropped into a crouch and ran low, as fast as her legs would carry her.

The wind streamed past her ears till she could only hear her frantic heartbeat. Why was there a kit out here? She slowed, hearing a screech from the kit as the owl circled low just above them. Twilightstar barely noticed the darting underneath the rock as the leader leaped high as the owl dived. Her claws swiped at the owl as it flapped above her head, managing to hit one of its enormous wings, sending feathers flying.

Twilightstar landed heavily on her hind legs after hooking the bird from the sky. Aware that she only had seconds, she rapidly found the owl's neck and bit down harshly, crunching through muscle and bone. She held on as it jerked beneath her until it finally stilled. She relaxed her grip and pulled her claws out of its feathered chest once she was certain it was dead.

The gray lilac feline took a few deep breaths and stepped away from the body. Well, this should certainly feed some of the clan for a bit. Carrying this back would be a chore. Once she caught her breath, she turned her head towards the rock where she had last spotted the kit. "Little one?" She called for the kitten. "You can come out now."

The WindClan's leader hackles rose as she was approached by an unknown cat that smelt like a loner. This was not how she expected her walk to be interrupted. The molly tensed her muscles underneath her lean build and eyed the outsiders with cold vigilance.

"Trespassing is not a great way to get in my clan," Twilightstar responded. She didn't seem bothered that he was already aware of her name. With how many missing clan cats and exiles there were, it made sense that clan leaders' names would be learned over time. "Who are you and why should I bother letting you join?"

Harebrain, Twilightstar grumbled under her breath after she got the tom's name. Frosty. That was not the most unusual name she'd heard from an outside. The single green eye in her head narrowed at the babble coming from him. It didn't sound like he got out much if he hadn't any clue what hawk was. He didn't smell like a kittypet though.

The she-cat went back to peering at the hole he was stuck in. It looked like it was just too small to pull his paw out. She'd have to dig around to enlarge the hole, hopefully he'd be able to pull his paw out then. The WindClan leader unsheathed her claws and began the long process of trying to dig up frozen earth.

"I don't eat cats, what is with you outsiders and cannibalism," Twilightstar muttered to herself while tearing up chunks of dead grass to get to the dirt. "Don't move or I might accidentally nick you." She told Frosty. "I don't know who taught you how to hunt, but they did a poor job of it." Twilightstar wasn't even getting into the whole trespassing and no hunting bit. She'd scold him for that after getting him out.

"You really are sheltered and chatty." The WindClan leader commented as her claws finished churning up the earth enough to start scooping out piles of dirt. "They're called scars and they're earned in battle. Most cats don't have as many as I do, but I've been around for a while and participated in more fights than I would have liked." She muttered while working.

"No, they don't hurt anymore. Yes, they're sort of like scrapes, but worse. Scars are marks left behind after an injury heals, which is why they're not bleeding. The worse the injury, the worse the scar." Twilightstar paused in between digging, switching forepaws when one grew tired. "My name is Twilightstar, I am the leader of a group of cats called WindClan." By the time she was done, she had little feeling left in her forepaws. She took a step back and waved her fluffy tail at Frosty.

"Alright, try pulling it out now." She ordered, waiting to see if she needed to dig deeper.

The mousy cat was lucky she was in the area otherwise it would be likely he'd be sitting for a while. The WindClan leader moved on graceful paws and flickered her tail back and forth behind her. Her green eye peered at the cat at the border, surprised that she was smart enough to know not to cross it.

"Hello, Pixel, you can call me Twilightstar." The scarred she-cat meowed. "You said you heard a clan lives around here, do you even know which one you're hoping to join, or is it that any clan will do?" Twilightstar asked, curiosity gleaming in her green hue. "How familiar are you with the clans?"

Twilightstar pauses near some overgrown grass and turns her head. "Who's that?" She mutters to herself as soon as the wind alerts her of the potential intruder. Sighing, she began trekking towards the scent and found she didn't need to walk far. A cat is coming towards her.

"You're trespassing," Twilightstar announces once the cat is within hearing distance. "What business do you have here?"

]QUOTE=Rainspeck;1578444]Name:Rain
Is your character a kit or an expecting queen?: Yes
Reason for Joining:I don't want to have my kits alone in the forest.
Rank Request:Queen
New Name Request (optional):Rainspeck

I need a starter.
[/QUOTE]

Fern freezes, gaze scanning the cat fearfully. They seem to have an air of importance, and she's not sure what to do with it, so she decides to keep it simple. "I don't know if I'm in the right place, but I need to find WindClan." She hesitates before adding, "I'm hoping to join. I have nowhere else to go." Fern isn't sure if it's the right move to share this information, but figures that if this cat can help her, she might as well try.
Her ears twitch with nervousness and she stuggles to keep her demeanor calm, sucking in a breath and taking in the scents around her once again. This cat has the same unfamiliar scent as the land around her does, which sparks a small flame of hope in her chest and helps her keep composed.