View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2024, 09:01 AM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Sweet Nightmares... [P]

Poisonberry
---------------

"Mmno..." Poisonberry shook her head and tapped a long claw against her chin, "You see Crowpaw, there are ways to fight without lifting a claw. Sweetsong knows this, I know this. And now I share our secret with you; Words are just as powerful and impactful as any sharpened claw. You did attack me first- Your words and their delivery were nothing short of...what do the youngsters call them now? Oh! Those were fighting words, no?"

The silver and black tabby laughed at the notion, "I may have drawn first blood, but the first attack came from you." She moved her tail around to touch the tip to his nose playfully. The tabby twin chuckled softly once more, "Think about my offer, Crowpaw. I can teach you how to make this world yours. Yours to give to Sweetsong, if that is what you wish." She moved close to Crowpaw, looming over him and sighing, "Sadly I don't think you will get the same honesty from Sweetsong. If she failed to tell you how I died, or to specify exactly what I said or did that was so bad that I was forsaken here, I wouldn't be so willing to trust someone like that. I can truly tell you this; I do not know why I am here. But I know my sister's convictions are stronger than either you or I know."

Poisonberry's eyes closed, and for a moment, a look of genuine sadness came over her as she looked down at Crowpaw. "She will never turn her eyes from StarClan. Mother filled her head with tales of brave and wise and all-knowing spirits who love and look after us..." Those dark green eyes opened, and Poisonberry shook her head. "But you are disillusioned; I was too, long before I died. I trusted myself, not some dead cats, to look after me. I guess StarClan does not accept those without faith anymore...maybe its just a preference treatment..." She shrugged, "It doesn't do any good to dwell or wonder. But it's not fair for you to compete with her one true love; StarClan."

"So, Crowpaw, whom has heard barely half of one side of the story..." Poisonberry rumbled, the shadows growing around the two of them, "Try not to take it too hard when she doesn't reciprocate your heartfelt declarations." With a last chuckle, Poisonberry turned and stalked off, vanishing into the briars, thorns and shadows of her Dark Forest lair.

@SpiritedWarrior