View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2024, 05:01 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: There aren't enough stars to say... [p]

Sweetsong
---------------

For most of his speech, she refused to look at him, even going as far as to squeeze her eyes shut. If she were so important to him, why would he think demanding her to tell her leader that someone from another Clan said they needed to get their act together. How could he not understand how little of a position she was in to even start approaching that matter?

"You're still an apprentice because you have training to make up for," She retorted, "You were gone for some time, correct? Stuck is such an exaggeration; Delayed is the right word." She snapped at him, still upset. His mention, however, of training with her sister? Forced? She couldn't help but let out a soft laugh, finally looking up and settling a deep, green gaze onto her ThunderClan friend.

"Oh Crowpaw...I know my sister...she didn't force you...if you are training with Poisonberry, you chose to." Sweetsong frowned. She looked down at her paws. Memories flashed in her mind. "She was never caught...but I know..." She shuddered as she remembered bright red berries within half-eaten fish....the cracked skull of Stonewhisker by the river, believed to have fallen and died when he hit his head on a stone...

"I know why...." Sweetsong whispered, looking back up at Crowpaw. "I had suspicions of her....I knew what she could do...what she had done.." Another shudder rippled through her.
"I'm sorry I ever let her touch you..." Sweetsong's eyes grew rounded with distress. "It's my fault...I let her in..." She began to back away from Crowpaw, "And you began training with her...it's too late; She won't let you walk away without a fight...she'll kill you the moment she thinks..." She was struggling for words, fighting with this knowledge.

"She's a murderer, Crowpaw..." Sweetsong choked out, "She killed our mother and father...she killed her own mate...she was never caught......the truth is I was going to bring my suspicions up to my Clan leader..Poisonberry found out and confronted me outside of the nursery....we argued...but then she stormed off...I think she expected me to follow her...but I didn't. It got dark...and I found her dead outside of camp, still stuck on the branches..." Sweetsong looked miserably at Crowpaw, "What if I had followed her? I think we both know the answer...and you are following her now...all I can say is, don't eat what she feeds you..." Her tone was grave, reflecting the grim setting in her eyes.

"I won't judge you for training in the Dark Forest," Her face softened along with her voice, "Just...don't lose who you are, Crowpaw...I just want you to be safe...to be happy..."

@SpiritedWarrior

Last edited by Tiabirb; April 19th, 2024 at 05:04 PM.