Thread: Surprise!
View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2024, 10:43 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Surprise!

Moonmeadow
| She/they | ShC warrior | Moons: 21 | Purrks: Shadow Fiend |

Moonmeadow looked up from where they were walking to the apprentices' den, rounded ears flicking in the direction of Dawnstar's call before her eyes followed. She quickly made her way over as the words fully processed in their head and they found themself torn about the information. This was a capable group, having two enforcers, a leader, and a cat who Moonmeadow assumes is a competent warrior given Dawnstar calling on bug. That and Moonmeadow has been worried sick about those dreadful creatures...it felt like they should bring more cats, wounds were still apparent along the the Shadow Queen's pelt but Moonmeadow dipped her head and kept this concern to herself. She would take care to be more on the defensive, she was always more of a protector, to watch her fellow clan members' backs while throwing out attacks whenever they could.

The called upon cats quickly gathered and with swiftness the patrol was setting out almost as soon as Dawnstar's words could fully settle into the air. The leader's following ones were...startling. Moonmeadow had never really encountered a mink before, though the feline had experience with other creatures and cats. They sounded like a horrid thing to deal with but Moonmeadow liked that they were taking them out before they could spread and do some real damage. The warnings stuck to her mind, their normally cheery mood being replaced with more stoic seriousness that was necessary for a mission like this. Somewhere in them, they just knew that things were going to get messy quick.

And it did...starting off with a literal meaning of the word as a rancid scent drifted through the air as Moonmeadow carried themself on giant, dark paws. It was bad enough to make their nose sting and their eyes nearly water and the odd way it mixed and mangled with the scent of heather from the Windclan border did not help matters. It was undoubtedly the scent of rotting prey, a suspicion that is confirmed as they entered into a nearby clearing that contained a mound of disgusting half-eaten and old prey in it. The warrior almost reared back as the scent hit their sensitive nose full force but forced herself to stand still, sickly eyes flashing across the clearing to find some sort of clue of just what had left that prey there. Whatever it was it wasn't any cat of any sort, no cat, even a kit just born would do such a thing.

The sound of chittering screeches told the warrior of the creatures' presence before sight did and Moonmeadow whipped their gaze to the offending noise just as countless minks of a variety of sizes came like a wave towards them. A dangerous growl left Moonmeadow's throat as they crouched down keeping their eyes locked on one of the slithery land-eels that were fast approaching her. At the same time, they could hear the panic yowls of her clan mates, likely coming to the same conclusion that she was reaching. This was much more than what Dawnstar described. They needed to stay close and Moonmeadow needed to- Needed to dodge!

One of the creatures lunged at her as more followed and the feline felt their paws hit against the floor heavily as the dodged the incoming beast, the creature's snapping jaws, while smaller, spoke of great dangers flying past her chest. With no time to rest or even think, another was at her legs, digging claws into her flank. The feline made quick work of grabbing the smaller creature and ripped it free from its grasp on her before it just as quickly squirmed out of her grasp and bounced back at her. They should've brought along more cats, was Moonmeadow's last coherent thought before she focused on taking out as many as they could. They seemed to be multiplying right before their eyes.

Moonmeadow gif made by ramen!

[ @Mica - Mistlewhisker | @Neptune. - Petalrot | @Dark - Darkfall | @Undertaker - Dawnstar |
[Not my best work but I didn't want to keep y'all waiting :3]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is semi-open to all RPs, just ask! ]