View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2024, 07:04 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Sprucepaw's Assessment [P]

Mudhound
Thunderclan Hornet | They/them | 35 Moons

Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

Honestly Mudhound didnt know how he did it. Which was stupid because they'd taught the kid how to do this and yet they were outstripped and outskilled in spades. Maybe it was because Mudhound was a 'know the theory and dont do that' type of cat? Like they were aware that thought they taught proper hunting like grandma Houndspirit taught them the tripod did not hunt like they knew how to, instead just kinda.... bumbling up and grabbing the prey that didnt seem to realize that this was a cat and not a very loud mud clod.

That sounded right, Sprucepaw was naturally skilled and actually listened to lessons and so was this good! Even if he's missed one bird he'd caught the other and yanno what, if Bumble-sis thought she needed more evidence he was a top hunter even as an apprentice then she could say so, Mudhound was moving on!

Emerging from the bushes only kind of leafy (lies, they were a bush-cat now) the tripod let out a loud cheer that promptly scared off the prey that lingered in the area, downright bathing Sprucepaw via overly affectionate/happy licks to the head. That was their little guy being a total rockstar! He was lucky Mudhound didnt literally squash him in excitement.

"EEeeeeee! Sprucey! That was so good! Dont worry about that mean old bird, I swear theyre the worst to catch and you got the other one and thats more then good enough! Even I loose prey frequently, dont stress it and you did AMAZING with the squirrels and snagging this before it flew off, I think we can move on to fighting! After all, I hardly need to test your climbing when you bounce up there like youre born to it!"
He did much better then Mudhound did with no thunderclan blood so hah blood purists, you were always morons and this was just more proof! Off topic thought though.

"Ok so lets run combat, you and me, lets do it! No claws, a loss doesnt mean failure, and I believe in you!"
Was that enough warning? Hopefully because Mudhound gave the smaller tom just a bit to drop into his own combat stance after they'd pulled out their before they struck.

And by stuck they meant a boot paw to the face. It wasnt full force of course, the hornet could concuss with a full blow, but it wasnt a 'Im training a baby' blow and would sting for a second if it hit. Dodge or die, tripod version and it rapidly continued as the maine coon alternated between swiping for his head in a move that with claws would tear at soft spots and trying to sweep Sprucepaws paws from under him to knock him over.

Overwhelming? Perhaps a bit with Mudhound's size but the next steps were one the tripod had confidence the apprentice could manage. Get your wits about you, dodge, and strike back.

@Alchemist Kitsune @dino.