View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2024, 04:45 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

(Sobs in I couldn't get to this sooner because of school and extracurriculars)

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN - AMAB HE/HIM - BEEFED UP TIER 1 ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff on the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Twilightstar's yowl made Wolffang's head lift of its own accord. He hardly realized he'd moved until he blinked and it was in the air. A cool breeze whipped past, ruffling his dappled gray fur and disturbing his whiskers. He automatically lifted a paw to smooth them down. Each movement didn't process correctly; it was like he knew he had to do it but wasn't really thinking. The large warrior rose to his paws, shaking off scraps of greenery, and padded closer to Twilightstar until he'd joined the ring of cats around her.

His amber gaze instinctively darted to the roots of the Galewood, where he expected a tall, dark shape to stand erect. But it was bare. Claws pierced his heart and ripped it clean down the middle. The pain was so raw that it made him wince. Fallownose...

The deputy should be there. He should be supporting his leader with all the loyalty governed by the warrior code and guiding her pawsteps until that fateful day when it was time for him to take her place.

But he wasn't. Because RiverClan had killed him.

A quiet growl rumbled in Wolffang's throat, shaking away some of his grief-induced fatigue.

Those cruel, fish-munching wet-pelts.

Wolffang glanced up at the branches of the Galewood, expecting to see Twilightstar there, but she was missing. He blinked in shock and alarm. Then, as his gaze traveled to its roots - why am I still looking for Fallownose? - he found her lilac-gray pelt peeking among the earthy tones. I guess she's down here today, he thought, taking a seat in the luscious grass. He hardly felt its softness.

Everything just felt... wrong.

Twilightstar began her announcements, but they didn't quell the wound that still felt fresh. Whenever someone mentioned Fallownose, it felt like a physical blow. But Wolffang had no qualms with her decision. She needs time. We all need time. It would take a great cat to fill the pawprints he'd left behind. And, even when someone new was chosen to fill the role - someone who deserved it if they were chosen by the great Twilightstar - there would still be empty space. Yes, something was missing. Someone. He bowed his head in grief.

It lifted a heartbeat after Twilightstar announced the return of the Guardians rank. Guardians... That felt like such a long time ago. But they weren't the Guardians anymore. They were the Furies. Yes, the name suits them better. Without thinking, Wolffang unsheathed his claws and dug them into the fresh growth carpeting the clearing. Brown earth began to show as he tore it from its resting place and capsized it onto the grass. We need to show RiverClan that we aren't messing around. They won't push us over. They won't get away with this. His eyes began to blaze, and some of his fatigue began to melt away like frost under a sweltering sun.

The more he listened about the Furies, the more he liked the sound of them. A rank higher than a warrior but lower than the likes of a leader, deputy - he winced - or medicine cat, someone who could issue punishments but not ones that were too hefty, and whom could be replaced. He pricked his ears when she began announcing the names. All fine warriors, he thought approvingly. Well, except for Leechscar, but... no, he was an okay warrior. He just lacked the necessary loyalty and did everything out of obligation. Wolffang felt a familiar twinge of resentment for his former apprentice, but shoved it down. Twilightstar has her reasons. He's a good warrior. Just not one I'd want to represent one of WindClan's elite.

He also couldn't help feeling a twinge of regret that his name wasn't on the list. For so long, Wolffang had strived to be the best WindClan warrior possible, but stress and guilt had weighed him down. He'd forgiven himself a while ago. Beating himself up over it helped no one. However, as he heard the names, he couldn't help but feel some guilt. He wanted to help WindClan in the best way possible. He wanted to assist Twilightstar as best he could. He... well, he wanted to be a Fury.

But Wolffang knew why he hadn't been chosen, and he respected that decision. Other cats have risen in my place. I won't resent them for being great warriors. An image of Leechscar's scornful face flashed in his mind. Or at least good ones. If my duty is as a warrior, then so be it. Wolffang knew he could challenge someone for the spot, and for a heartbeat, he relished the idea of replacing Leechscar. But he couldn't help pushing the thought out of his mind. It seemed petty to challenge someone right after he got the role, and besides... well... challenging anyone felt wrong. They'd all done things to deserve to be there. Wolffang had been struggling. I may take up the role one day, but not now, he asserted. The thought was comforting.

Still, he couldn't stop that trickle of regret.

Get ready to head out? Wolffang blinked in confusion. But his question was quickly answered. The time had come to drive out the minks - and, once those creatures were gone, they could avenge RiverClan. Any guilt or regret or fatigue lifted to be replaced by burning passion. It was time for them to be gone for good.

But, wait - Dawnstar and ShadowClan were helping them? The thought of WindClan and ShadowClan working side by side made Wolffang's muscles tense. His shoulders went rigid, and anger began to churn in his stomach. Why them, after all they've done to us? They'd killed more deputies than RiverClan had. Taken more lives from Twilightstar. However... Twilightstar herself had made the alliance. WindClan would never forgive ShadowClan, but, if it meant getting revenge on RiverClan faster, then so be it. It doesn't feel right to risk my pelt for a ShadowClan cat if they get in danger, he thought with a grunt. Would he have to? Probably.

Now wasn't the time to waste thoughts on the what-ifs. Wolffang stepped forward and dipped his head toward Twilightstar. "It's been too long since I've fought for my Clan," he growled. "I'll make up for it in this fight. The sooner these pests are out of our fur, the better." Even if it means working with ShadowClan, he added silently.

A memory stirred from deep within. Wolffang continued, "I've dealt with minks before - well, a mink. I know it's not the same as an infestation, but I hope that experience will aid me well in the fight."

After that, he stepped back and scanned the crowd for the new Furies. He should congratulate them. They all deserved the role. "Congratulations, Batglare, Dapplebreeze, Crowtooth, Bravebird, Leechscar, Hawkfur. You all deserve it. I trust you will serve WindClan to your utmost abilities."

@Moonraven @Alchemist Kitsune @Rani @taillow @Undertaker @Mica

THUNDERCLAN BERRYKIT FINDER!!!

New and Improved Character Bios!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; April 18th, 2024 at 04:55 PM.