View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2019, 12:25 AM

My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The fast approach of another cat drew Nightsky's attention. She would've attempted to clean herself up a little, but at the moment, she was much too cold - and tired - to worry about something like that. She'd have to hope it was only another she-cat; preferably someone who would help her dry off and get back to her usual, flawless self. That mindset was shattered once she saw Sunblaze approach. Unable to move quickly enough, Nightsky prepared herself for him to crash into her, but was pleasantly surprised when he managed to stop; almost in front of her face. She put on a playful smirk, stretching her head forward until the distance between them was almost closed before pulling away. He looked like he got easily flustered.

Oh, this'll be interesting.

"You can relax, darling," She mewed, finding a place that was semi-warm to sit, curling her sopping tail around herself. She was far from at her best right now, but Nightsky could work under these conditions. After all, she was good at this sort of thing. Especially because Sunblaze already seemed so nervous, it would only make her work easier. She recognized him; she'd seen him around the clearing before. He was a few moons younger than her, but not a newly-made warrior, as far as she knew. She didn't remember training with him, but then again, Nightsky didn't remember much of her apprenticeship. A few hard days here and there, a lot of working out the type of cat she wanted to be, and, as she fondly remembered, a lot of sleeping.

"I'm not hurt, but I appreciate the hero act. It's very sweet of you; very attractive," She purred, her voice dropping into a soft, sweet tone that had proven effective in the past. Everyone was different; some cats preferred physical flirtation, others verbal, and Nightsky usually tried a mixture of both until she learned what worked. It all depended on how desperate a tom could get for attention.

"You're Sunblaze, aren't you? I think I've seen you around. Are you more into nicknames, or do you prefer your own name?" She asked, her tail twitching back and forth even as she spoke. She was still wet, but at least she was entertained. This would give her something to do in-between trying to clean the water off and (hopefully) avoiding freezing. Perhaps Sunblaze would be interested in keeping her warm.

Sunblaze cheeks felt hot, even in the chilly breeze. She really was pretty, he thought, shuffling his paws nervously in the dirt. He hadn't realized how intensely he was staring at her until she spoke, snapping him out of his momentary trance. He jerked his head away and bashfully turned his gaze to his paws. Don't stare, it's rude. he remembered the advice of an old warrior who had once caught him aggressively eyeing down a particularly funny looking elder. Of course, she wasn't funny looking or an elder. He was so uncomfortable he wanted to crawl out of his skin. She was okay, right? Maybe he could just leave.. But somehow he just couldn't bring himself to lift his feet. They were rooted in the ground. Ugh. He hated this.

Sunblaze flushed violently at her next words. If he had no fur, he'd be beet red from head to tail. He couldn't help but squirm and fidget like a fish out of water. He was so preoccupied trying to keep himself composed, he hadn't noticed he was stirring up leaves with his tail. She was so nice.. She was being nice, right? Sometimes he couldn't tell. He flattened his ears against his head and forced a timid smile. "Thank you.." he practically whispered.

"Yes.. That's me. I'm Sunblaze.. You can call me whatever you like.. though." He dipped his head sheepishly, trying his darnest not to make eye contact. "Y'know.. if you want." Wasn't she cold? She wasn't even shivering.. Even after all these moons training and finally becoming a warrior in Riverclan, he could never understand how comfortable they were with water. He had since learned to grin and bear it, but he couldn't say it wasn't still unpleasant. "Aren't you cold? It's pretty cold.. And you're.. wet." The time he caught a nasty cough from being out in the snow too long came to mind.

Mistyfern / Sunspark

Finder
(character site is still a wip &
is probably missing information)