View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2019, 11:25 AM
~Fae of the forest~

My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starstruck View Post
@ponyapan

Her pelt warmed beneath her fur at the tom's words. Amazing? Me? "Yeah, right, tail-kisser. There's a difference between 'amazing' and 'better than the worst fighter in all of the clan history.' I'm only mediocre!" Even so, her chest swelled with a strange feeling. Was it- no, surely not- pride? Confidence? Such feelings were foreign to her, but her eyes glitters with exhilaration as she realized that she would do anything to feel that again. "It seems like we're doing fighting practice first. Let's see- which one of your battle skills needs the most improvement? I think I can help a bit!"
Rainpaw slouched a bit. If she's mediocre, what am I? The worst fighter in all of clan history? he thought for a second, but then he shook the thoughts out of his head. No negativity! After all, this is my chance to improve. Rainpaw looked at how motivated Eveningpaw looked, her eyes glitering. With a teacher like her, that ought to go swiftly! "Hey, I mean it! Riverclan is lucky to have you," he insisted warmly. And so am I.

"My battle skills?" Rainpaw asked himself out loud. He thought about it, and felt his pelt grow hot. "Actually, I don't really know. My mentor and I never went beyond the basics. I just couldn't manage it..." he admitted. Rainpaw knew he had a problem with his reflexes and quick thinking, but his mentor had just kind of... moved on after a while of training without fruition. In fact, this must have been his most succesful time yet, and it wasn't really anything to brag about.